Vanguard - Interview @ Allakhazam

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Interview with Vanguard producer Thom Terrazas.
Allakhazam: Looking back at Vanguard, there were undeniably some issues at launch. What would you say was the greatest issue facing this title, and where does that issue stand today?

Thom: Performance; Optimization; High System Requirements. Everyone may have a different name for it but at the end of the day, optimization challenges were the biggest hurdle faced at launch. We lost too many customers at launch due to the inability to run the game smoothly and we have been making huge improvements in this area in every update since. I can speak to this first hand actually: When I started playing at launch, I experienced some horrible “hitching” while moving from one area to another on what I consider an average gamers’ computer. When I began to play more extensively a couple months later, I noticed some considerable improvements to my frame rate. Today, it is night and day superior than it was at launch. Optimizing the game has been one of our top priorities and in the last six months, we have made some considerable strides in improving the player’s experience. If you haven’t logged in recently or if you gave us a look in the beginning and haven’t been back since, check it out now - I’ll even flag your account for free for a period of time if you want to go in and prove me wrong.
More information.

Oh, how they keep trying with this game.

Sadly, I keep resubbing to check it out and I keep drawing the exact same conclusion, which is that the game is simply hollow and the appeal was always the potential and not the actual game and its content.

I wonder if I'll ever learn, as I'm tempted to try again now...

Not because of that interview, though, as I think it was remarkably weak and smacked of desperation to pull in a few saps.

Back
Top Bottom