Gothic 3 New to Gothic 3

username

Traveler
Hi guys,
I recently just bought Gothic 3 and installed patch 1.71 (community patch that is :p). Anyway I'm really enjoying the game there are just a few questions I'd like answering:
1. Do creatures respawn? I've heard people say yes and no, But Ive seen creatures where I think I've cleared out? So any closure on this would be welcome
2. I started the game with alt AI, but not AB, because I wanted to be able to level things up higher quicker, was this a bad idea, and I'm 10-15 hours in, so Is it worth starting again with AB?
3.Are there any other helmets apart from the horned one I have, as I think it looks a bit lame :p?
Overall I love this game it looks good and is quite deep, I just need help on the things I have posted, thanks in advance ^^.

Welcome to our forum! :)

15 hours in you should now reach the really good parts of the game. ;)

1. Yes, but just enough not to make the world look empty. So you can never be sure if the road ahead is still clean.
2. Hard to say. As I understand it the AB makes the game harder especially in the later game. Have a look at the pdf for the CP. It's in your Gothic directory.
I'm playing a mage on easy with AB. I didn't feel the need to switch to medium.
One thing is clear though: G3 is a long game. It's quite unlikely you'll play it more than once. So choose carefully.
3. So far I've seen only one. And I'm playing without it.

Thank you you've eased my mind and I think I will begin again I've settled for this decision as I let the paladin die in the cape dun quest + I shot people from roof tops ¬_¬ so I think rather than missing out on the fun of the game Ill go again and savour a proper experience :)!

Thank you you've eased my mind and I think I will begin again I've settled for this decision as I let the paladin die in the cape dun quest + I shot people from roof tops ¬_¬ so I think rather than missing out on the fun of the game Ill go again and savour a proper experience :)!

Do NOT liberate cities early on. After 3 liberations every Orc and every mercenary will attack you on sight. Keep exploring, visit all the cities, etc. Don't leave a city before you've found its teleport stone.

------------------------

I've seen two helmets.

AFAIK there are three depending on how you count:

Geldern, The horned one in a Nordmar Tomb, and a Main quest artefact that is the best of the lot but will be lost at some point of the game

Plus the one buyable in shops? The guy from Reddock had it in my playthough, bought it fairly early. Something like +15/+15 protection IIRC.

Thats the helm I bought, the one from Reddock, don't like it though because it looks a bit weird when your armour has no shoulders :p. Anyway I started again and I'm enjoying it much more. I guess I've played too many MMORPGS latley and I felt I had to liberate Cap dun as soon as I had the quest :p. Just going through and enjoying what the game has to offer is much more enjoyable IMO. Also the AB on patch 1.7 is awsome, it makes me think about where to spend LPs and it also adds special buffs to certain weapons :)!

Back
Top Bottom