The TV Series discussion thread

'Game of Thrones' clip reel illustrates how the show uses CGI like video games
Meh. I'm more interested how much of CGI is used in Berandal mass fights (the movie) if any at all.

For those who watched the movie, there is a deleted scene worth checking.
it's brutal, bloody and not for the faint of heart. Don't watch it around children and probably not in public.
NOT FOR UNDERAGES:
The movie is even more brutal, but I can't find anywhere if it's CGI or no CGI at all.

Last edited:
Again meh.
One must die eventually, there is no reason to get rude because people reminded him of that.

Again meh.
One must die eventually, there is no reason to get rude because people reminded him of that.

I don't think he cares about that, it's George R.R. Martin, he kills (imaginary) people you love for a living.

Well, he put himself in the spotlight - and these are the things that go with it. If you don't want attention - don't seek it.

Noone watches TV series since D:OS got released? I don't believe that.

The news is that Crossbones got cancelled.
http://seriable.com/crossbones-cancelled-one-season-nbc/
It's a pirates show and noone will miss it. Why? It's just as bad as Black Sails. Drama, drama and only drama. No thriller, no action, no comedy.
Who on earth thought people who like pirate setting want - drama? Don't cancel shows, cancel their storywriters!

A horror newcomer The Strain is produced by Del Toro and by it's two episodes I'm half disappointed. Instead of revolutionizing the whole approach as he usually does, the show, apart from the starting airplane mystery, is full of cliches. It's still not bad, but on a dangerous edge to sunk.

A scifi newcommer Extant has Spielberg behind it. While poisoning the audience with family and pathetic american patriotism crap Falling Skies that's not cancelled yet, Extant could be a nice refreshment as the Spielberg(TM) IQ7834562 kid is now an android which makes the whole thing at least a bit believable and bearable. The show is not just about robots, there is a space mystery and a conspiracy involved plus the cast is superstrong and hopefully Spielberg won't ruin this one.

It's not the only new scifi show worth mentioning. Remember Children of Men masterpiece? Well, someone got a similar idea. All women on earth become infertile and a certain laboratory manages to "make" a hundred of living human embrios. In a perfect world, it'd be a (start of) solution. But it's a world of interests, factions, conspiracy, murders and coverups. I just hope that these series won't deliberately jump to abyss by going with just too much in next episodes. The show has an odd name you'd never guess it's scifi: The Lottery.

Anyone watched Penny Dreadful? I didn't but have heard good things about it, it's about mythology and literature names and creatures combined. Is it worth a shot?

Want to get your fix with western? Longmire is in the middle of the third season, and I'd lie if I said it's not growing even more better and even more important than it was. It's the first TV show ever that addresses sterilization of indians practically blessed by USA government. The show is full of hot potato stuff you won't see anywhere else and is so different from usual mediocrity that comes from USA television. Even if you don't like westerns, I bet you'll love this show.

The other day Old School ended. Although it has a closed end, seriously, I wish ABC renews it for another season. Already wrote before, a robbery went wrong, a cop got wounded and a safecracker got in jail. 12 years after they join up in order to find out who was behind the whole thing as the money was never found. And things go completely crazy.
The whole show is done so damned well I just can't believe it came from ABC. Ppl please, if you're aware of another good watch from Australia like this one, name it!

Last word Utopia. Remember it. And answer me. Where is Jessica Hyde?

I just finished watching Penny Dreadful. It was entertaining, just don't watch it expecting any sense whatsoever.

Utopia is on my next to watch list after finishing Penny Dreadful. There's also season 2 of Hemlock Grove on Netflix to check out. I'm also watching SyFy's Defiance which I like, and Dominion which I'm giving a chance.

As for new shows, I'm still hoping for a space show. Everything "Sci-Fi" is taken nowadays with zombies, alien invations, vampires (dying down luckily) and apocalyptic shows. I wish for something in the lines of Star Trek, Babylon 5, Firefly, Farscape, etc.

A horror newcomer The Strain is produced by Del Toro and by it's two episodes I'm half disappointed. Instead of revolutionizing the whole approach as he usually does, the show, apart from the starting airplane mystery, is full of cliches. It's still not bad, but on a dangerous edge to sunk.

I just finished watching the first episode. I found it interesting enough despite the subpar acting. I'll watch the 2nd and 3rd episodes later today and decide if it's worth continuing with.

wolfling, based on the first episode... you should skip Dominion.
Defiance is also my guilty pleasure, didn't watch Hemlock Grove, dunno what's it about.

wolfling, based on the first episode… you should skip Dominion.
Defiance is also my guilty pleasure, didn't watch Hemlock Grove, dunno what's it about.

I've watched all episodes so far of Dominion, not loving it, not hating it, might watch it to the end of the season.

I am in TV heaven these days switching between Fargo and Honourable Woman and Utopia and Extant on the backlog.
No strainy vampires for me, unfortunately, had rather high expectations on that one.

Finished Boss on Netflix. It was a Starz series cancelled after 2 seasons. It was a compelling watch, filled with intrigue & sex. It is frightening if the inner-working of city politics resemble this show even a little.

The downside is too many threads left unwound with no season 3.

Rewatching the first (new) seasons of Doctor Who in preparation for the new season. It's been a long time since I watched them.

Yes, not long now for the next season

Watching the legend of korra. I really like that one. Just like avatar. Those are the same guys right ?

Yes, not long now for the next season

Watching the legend of korra. I really like that one. Just like avatar. Those are the same guys right ?
Oh I forgot about that show.. I started watching it, but it wasn't quite the same as Avatar, which was simply amazing. Should get back to it though.

Noone watches TV series since D:OS got released? I don't believe that.

Want to get your fix with western? Longmire is in the middle of the third season, and I'd lie if I said it's not growing even more better and even more important than it was. It's the first TV show ever that addresses sterilization of indians practically blessed by USA government. The show is full of hot potato stuff you won't see anywhere else and is so different from usual mediocrity that comes from USA television. Even if you don't like westerns, I bet you'll love this show.

I'd bet my money on that as well :)

I've been following Longmire since s1ep1. What a great show indeed. I really like Walt's character. Stubborn & grumpy , but likeable old school sheriff dealing with modern day crime in western setting. Yet the series so much more than a cop series with a twist. Longmire is heavily character driven show and there is huge backstory that goes on throughout the seasons.

Loved the new Doctor Who! The episode was good though it was more outlandish than usual (and that's saying a lot). I love that there won't (or shouldn't) be any more romantic involvements for a change, old Doctor Whos didn't have that so don't know why they felt it was a mandatory thing in the new series. Though it's possible that they'll add a male companion to keep Clara entertained, old series had multiple companions most of the time (hell, the first Doctor Who had 3!) and my favorite episodes of the new series were when Rose and Captain Jack Harkness worked together.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom