Blizzard Targeting Q3 2011 for Diablo 3 Beta

bloodlover

Sentinel
UPDATE: Mike Morhaime just announced during the conference call that Blizzard is shooting to release a public beta of Diablo 3 in Q3 2011.

,U-6-291390-3.jpg

More info here -> http://www.tomshardware.com/news/PC...ablo-3-closed-Beta-conference-Call,12719.html

I'm curious to see if there's still some of the old Bliz left.

I'm curious to see if there's still some of the old Bliz left.

In one word no. The company focused on MMO's and shut down blizzard north. The other employes joined other company's of formed there own. Its a shadow of its former self.

So how the hell they can continue take 10 years to make a game, like Starcraft 2 or now Diablo 3? If there's nobody behind this sort of choice then I wonder.

So how the hell they can continue take 10 years to make a game, like Starcraft 2 or now Diablo 3? If there's nobody behind this sort of choice then I wonder.

Thanks to wow and the billions they made off it and still do. The company has to have the longest development times.

10 years development is a bit of a stretch. Probably more like 4-5 if you account for all the people who left Blizzard North.

On another note, I cannot understand how Blizzard manages to lose so many of their key developers?

10 years development is a bit of a stretch. Probably more like 4-5 if you account for all the people who left Blizzard North.

On another note, I cannot understand how Blizzard manages to lose so many of their key developers?

They were apparently dissatisfied with the focus on WoW.

On topic: I'm looking forward to Diablo 3. I enjoyed Starcraft 2 a lot and and it showed me that Blizzard can still make very good single player games. And since I never enjoyed an Action RPG as much as Diablo 2 I'll just hope that Diablo 3 will be as good as the second installment.

Back
Top Bottom