Alpha Protocol - Gone Gold - Michael Thornton Vignette Trailer

Hmmm, I'm still pretty indifferent towards this - but leaning towards expecting pleasant surprise ;)

Whether the reviewer/previewer knows his ass from his elbow is an opinion I can't really verify. I can verify he has played the game, made a preview and mentioned that the action was redundant. Still looking forward to this game, but I can see how aside from the conversational choices and the potential branching that exists, it could end up being a sub par action game that gets you from conversation a to conversation b.

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

OK. I think your original post is missing a closing ", which makes the bits that are quoted and the bits that are your opinion/comment a bit confusing. Now I understand you are concerned about the action, whereas I thought you were just quoting some random previewer.

I'm not a big fan of spy games/films, but this game needs big sales, so Sega would greenlight again the cancelled Aliens RPG!!!

Aliens : Crucible is canceled, that it would be greenlighted again just for Alpha Protocol's sales.. it sucks to say it, but that's wishful thinking.
I'd never buy a game on the principle that the publisher may greenlight another project or things like that (a lot of people did that with Fallout Tactics and do we have Fallout 3 now? Well yes... but not from Black Isle and not Van Buren).

As for Melvil's worries about the action.. yeah there is the possibility it could turn out subpar, considering the videos we've seen until now showcased some poor AI.
Then again, one of the good things we've seen 'til now is that if you don't want to play the game all shootery you may avoid it, something you couldn't do in Mass Effect.
Some of the gadgets shown in the GamesRadar 'Alpha protocol week' articles reminded me of Deus Ex and hinted on a level of intel-gathering/infiltration gameplay that, for obvious reasons (Mass Effect isn't about spies!) wasn't present into Bioware's space opera.
Then again, while it had a lot of flaws, I liked Mass Effect (the second game I still haven't played, but I've read about the controversial design choices and I can see why a lot of people are disappointed), so take my opinion for what it is.

Back
Top Bottom