Will You Buy Icewind Dale: EE?

• Yes

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 28 50.9%
  • Other

Votes: 11 20.0%

• Total voters
I will definitely buy some version ... probably just the iPad, but maybe the Mac also ...

Voted Yes!

While I liked the BG-games more, that also means that I have spent much,much more time playing them. So an updated IWD sounds quite appealing to me. In a way it sounds more interesting than BG:EE and BG:EE II did, since I had already played those modded in tons of different ways and "enhanced" to a high degree long before the EE-titles were announced.

And even if I wasn´t eager to start playing immediatly, I would still feel compelled to buy in support of the effort to modernize and re-realease games such as BG, IWD, PS:T, Arcanum and similar titles.

No, I never got into the IWD games. I tried them but even I thought there was a bit to much combat in the originals.

I'll buy it at some point as I'm really enjoying the BG:EE II version that I'm finally getting around to playing now, sure do love that zoom feature at 1600x900.

Would also love to see a Arcanum EE at some point as well.

Between these updated classics and games like Pillars of Eternity I will be in Classic RPG heaven.

I am still halfway bgII, and stopped playing. Not really sure i will continu. Perhaps if i finish it I will buy icewind dale, not sure yet.

I dont have the time to play games like i use to have. kids, wife a job… And i really like original sin and looking forward to pillars and torment. If i have to guess i prbably wont have the time

I feel your pain. The only reason I've been getting through them is that I play them during my morning subway commute on my Surface Pro. However, that's an issue. The most recent patch update for BGEE broke it. 1.2 worked fine, but they screwed with the way it handles Intel GPUs again and it broke it. I had to restore the files from one of my system backups to get it playing again. BG2EE runs fine though.

So I'm going to have to be confident that either they have fixed the issues with the 1.3 patch (which their response was basically we don't support the Surface Pro, so not hopeful) or that IWDEE just doesn't have the same issue before I buy it.

A shame, I would have already pre-ordered it.

I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed IWD when it came out. I got BG a bit late so I had finished it (the first time) at end of '99. I played it once more with some mods spring of '00 and then when summer came and I actually had some dead time ( I was working plus in grad school, but only took one class that summer), IWD got released. I jumped on it and absolutely loved it, though the linearness and weak story (particularly ending) was a bit of a let down.

Jumped into BG2 in spring of '01 after I had graduated and also gotten laid off. (Talk about a release of free time!) and played that several times through (and even did the whole saga once too). Yet I never went back to IWD. I guess while it was fun because it was new, with such a weak story, I just wasn't inclined to play it again. After 14 years though, I think it would be fun to run through once more.

I doubt I would get IWD2EE though. My first play through I completely lost track of the story about 1/2 way through and just stopped playing. Meant to go back and continue but didn't. I finally gave it another shot a couple of years ago, with the NPC mod to liven it up some (which helped a TON), and got through it. I don't care for 3rd edition rules, so that was one issue, but the story just didn't stick with me what so ever, though I give them credit for putting a decent epilogue in it. I can't see any reason I'd but that one again.

I think my biggest disappointment on Overhaul is that they put all this effort to make IE ported to iPad and Android (and from what I have heard, they did an excellent job on both), yet they don't make a few minor improvements to the GUI to make it easier on a Windows touchscreen! When I play, I use the stylus, so its basically a mouse. You CAN use just touch, but some things are hard or don't work all the time (like entering in doors and such).

Last edited:
I'll buy it at some point as I'm really enjoying the BG:EE II version that I'm finally getting around to playing now, sure do love that zoom feature at 1600x900.

Would also love to see a Arcanum EE at some point as well.

Between these updated classics and games like Pillars of Eternity I will be in Classic RPG heaven.

I would buy an Arcanum EE in a heartbeat. I've never gotten far in the game because every time I start, life gets in the way. I love the concept/setting though. However, it takes forever to install because all the mods you need to fix stuff and make it work on modern PCs. If I could get it on my Surface Pro easily, would definitely play that on the train!

Yes, I'll buy it (unless it's crap - and I mean more so than BG:EE).

To most, IWD isn't a beloved gem that might get broken - and while I always enjoyed IWD, I'm in that camp. It's a fun dungeon romp and so could do with a few more classes, for instance. Here's to hoping they get the balance right (and that means old balance issues like druid summoning spells, too).

Voted "Other", meaning. Don't know yet.

I like both Icewind Dales and replay them every two or three years. Until now I don't see, why the original version isn't good enough.

Yes, but only on sale and only if it seems they do a good job with it. I've seen lots of people complaining about the BG2 EE being really buggy and incomplete, which doesn't bode well.

I will buy it for the iPad only, just like I bought the other and next EE versions for the iPad only.

Maybe later on after it's on sale. I've played the original a couple times already so I'm not sure how much replay value is left for me.

Not interested although I played and liked all the Icewind Dale games. Do overs are not of interest any more to me.

Not interested although I played and liked all the Icewind Dale games. Do overs are not of interest any more to me.

Same here. I ran out and bought BG:EE when it was released and I still haven't finished it. I love the IE games, but doing them over hasn't been as much fun as I hoped.

Unlikely, but we'll see. I have the game in two separate editions already and have played it through at least four times over the years, as it's one of my favourite IE games for its environmental beauty, music, party configurations, scope/length and sheer wintery atmosphere. There is already a great deal of mod work done for the game which works perfectly fine as it stands.

I wasn't particularly impressed with the extra content made for BG:EE (didn't buy BG2:EE) so I'll definitely be waiting for the reviews on this one.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the original IWD and even finished it a couple of times. I played it with various mods though it never had the support that BG2 had from the community. Would I buy the EE version? Depends on what the new features add. Firmly sitting on the fence and waiting for the reviews (or Demo?)

Nope and screw Beamdog. All they're doing is cashing in on these classic games. When are they going to produce their own game with the Infinity Engine as they teased years ago?

Nope and screw Beamdog. All they're doing is cashing in on these classic games. When are they going to produce their own game with the Infinity Engine as they teased years ago?

Why would they use a 15 year old engine to make their own games? If they do make an original game, I certainly don't want it to be with the Infinity Engine.

With the announcement from Beamdog about the Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition I was curious about how many of our members will be buying the game on release.

So here is a new short poll with three simple questions.:)

holy cow i didn't even hear about this until now. i'm a huge BG fan, and actually had icewind dale back in the day but never got more than a few hours into it. i will definitely pick this one up - thanks for posting the video!!

Back
Top Bottom