Risen - Short Stories #2

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A second story snippet at the Risen blog is titled A New Hero. Here's the entire text:
"Hey, did you hear?" Philus was greeted by his fat companion as he entered the tavern. "They say somebody is running around the island that the Inquisition hasn’t caught yet. Nobody knows where he’s from."
Finally back in the Laughing Gyrger after an uneventful day, Philus joined him in a bad temper. "So what? Then he’s a bandit. He’s not the only one," he grumbled.
"Nah, not one of the Don’s people," the fat man whispered. "But he’s sniffing around anyway, going into the temples, and whatnot."
"So? Other people have done that," answered Philus crankily. He had other worries. Nobody was buying his fish.
"Yeah, but unlike them, he comes out again. They say he’s at least six feet tall, that’s what a farmer up in the Gutters told me."
"Nonsense, that’s impossible."
"And why’s that?"
"Well, because the temple passages aren’t that tall. He’d have bashed in his skull and croaked like all the rest a long time ago," was Philus’ irresistible logic.
"Aah, what do you know..."
"Beats me. Buy me a beer, will you? I’ve had a bad day."
More information.

lol @ the bit about the hero getting his head bashed in. The first story was kinda lame, but I like this one. You get the impression that the NPC's got better stuff to do that just sit around and sing the praises of the hero, like they usually do in most rpg's.

Err... these short stories are some kind of a joke or what? I don't get their meaning.

Some kind of joke? - no way, in fact a gameplay deciding factor.
These stories are hints and clues, the temple passages are too small for a big guy, so using logic, you have to find a way of 'traversing' the obstacle, like transforming into a small animal or levitating etc' to circumvent traps and such, not difficult to understand.

It's not what I mean. I don't get why writing such short stories. They are too short to be interesting and are actually useless.

here's an even more shortened version: :p

"Hey, did you hear?"
"I?ve had a bad day."
________
FIX PS3

Last edited:
btw, imho some guys fail to see their meaning:
in an era in which ever younger kids only look at the fancy graphics, they're putting an extra effort into telling their story, or scraps of it.
for those who wanna read, or for those who can read ofc. a species about to get extinct quite soon, maybe?
if this isnt good, then please tell me what more do you want.
:)
________
Lovely Wendie

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom