Things you don't need to know...

Whoop :D
I finished :) Tomorrow, I need to print it, read it printed, fix any errors and print it again. Check again, hope everything is ok. Need to go to bed soon.

Then exams in one week exactly, without having gone to classes or studied :(

Ugh, I hated when I was squeezed like that (while teaching some classes at the same time). One of the reasons why I never went back to get a PhD.

And what did you decide? Most architects I work with seem to think of themselves as God-like figures who have the unsavory task of working with we foolish mortals, which of course results in a lot of eye rolling and excluding them from meetings.

What I found was number 1 required capability was communication. IF the IT architects had that then distinguishing capabilities were (1) specific modes of problem solving (analysing alternatives before trying any actual solution and always analysing outcomes even if they worked) (2) their attitude towards the future and how they acted in alignment with that attitude.

Also taught techniques on problem solving and future time orientation to post graduate students to see if we could improve with some success as well.

Now on IT architects and their attitude, there is (currently anecdotal) evidence that EQ is the most critical factor, and if you have high EQ then god complexes usually don't show up!

And what did you decide? Most architects I work with seem to think of themselves as God-like figures who have the unsavory task of working with we foolish mortals, which of course results in a lot of eye rolling and excluding them from meetings.

In other words, Nerds ?

The extinct Crocodylus thorbjarnarsoni from the Pliocene and Pleistocene of Kenya was the largest true crocodile and may have eaten early human ancestors. John Thorbjarnarson was not one of them.

pibbur who doesn't want crocodyli as pet animals. He only wants a cat.

EDIT: One important thing: the largest true crocodile ever DID NOT LIVE IN AUSTRALIA!!!

Last edited:
That's because they were scared of people like Croc Dundee (with his BIG knife) and the Croc Hunter Steve Irwin!! :) Says Corwin who DOES live in Australia!!!! :D

Yes, but there's still his wife Terri and his 2 children!! :)

Pierre and Damien Vachon have been billed as the youngest sons of legendary Canadian professional wrestler Paul "The Butcher" Vachon.

It wasn't real, of course, still….

says pibbur who also observes that Malta's Ministry of Foreign Affairs is housed in the same mansion that Napoleon Bonaparte occupied during his Egyptian Campaign, although the connection to the above mentioned son wannabes isn't entirely clear too him.

DDR stands for Dual Data Rate.

No.

It stands for Deutsche Demokratische Republik.

That was GDR to the world outside ("German Democratic Republic").
For us Germans it was and it will ever be the "Deutsche Demokratische Republik".

But that's a thing you don't need to know if you're not German. ;)

SDRAM is not the same as SRAM nor is DDRSRAM.
SD stands for Synchronous Dynamic RAM.
S stands for Static.
DDR stands for Dual Data Rate.

One of the (the major) benefits of being a doctor and having a marster's in informatics is that I know twice as many acronyms.

pibbur who for instance knows that SR is short for sedimentation rate which is very often replaced by CRP. And DDR=Doctor Dream Records, which released to albums by Andy Prieboy of WOV fame.

I mention this only because spring has come and I (with little enthusiasm) have to start mowing the lawn. AND CONTINUE DOING IT UNTIL LONG AFTER SUMMER. Let it be a warning:

Perennial grass Muhlenbergia capillaris (pictured) was voted 2012 plant of the year by the Garden Club of America.

pibbur who wonders if he's ever told the watchers that he has christened his petrol-powered-lawn-and-things-in-it-mower "Rammstein". And who realizes he probably has. Because it would be quite out of character if he hadn't. OTOH, he's pretty sure he hasn't with this (12 posts so far) particular incarnation (v.57). Anyhow: It's called "Rammstein". And here's the video.

Last edited:
Two peices from Wikipedia today:

- new Monmouth Alms Houses are to be provided by the charity established nearly four hundred years ago to build the original dwellings.
- the discovery of Mesolithic microliths during gas main excavation in 2010 revealed that Monmouth was inhabited during the Middle Stone Age.

I leave it to the watchers to draw their conclusions.

pibbur the Elder, currently in SP mode

Two reports for you today, all for the price of two:

From Steamshop: "Alien Shooter 2 - Conscription is the continuation of cult Alien Shooter 2, which is a unique blend of two game genres - Action and RPG"

Wow (not WOW)! Didn't see that coming.

pibbur who predicts an avalanche of new games based on this revolutonary formula, and that this is the space the almost humans will go to for their third game. Thank you, Steam. Thank you!!

The purple pouch fungi are native to Australia (also in New Zealand, but we'll disregard that). No surprise there. More surprising is that it's white before its emergence from the ground exposes it to light.

deep pibbur trying to confuse the watch

Back
Top Bottom