Project Eternity - Passes $3.5M including Paypal

Yes they had a co-op mp mode I never played it so I cant comment on it.

I played them in multiplayer...but strictly solo. This allowed you to make your own party (until IWD).

This is kind of a funny post, I guess you would not have back baldurs gate 1 & 2 if they had been kickstarters. Multiplayer is fine if done right.
How many high-quality RPGs (along the lines of this project) have had multiplayer?

Co-op would be pretty pointless in this game imo (as it was in Baldur´s Gates), gimme a mysterious island or some other content addition at 3.8M and put the surplus into QA, thx :).

Vaporware? Time will tell, but it sounds like you way too risk averse with such a small sum. Are you the sort of cautious person that takes out a default swap on your insurance company, in case you have an accident and your insurer goes bust? Given that Kickstarter (and Larian) is just about the only hope for RPGs, I'd happily take one dud for every one that turns out well.

Vaporware? Time will tell, but it sounds like you way too risk averse with such a small sum. Are you the sort of cautious person that takes out a default swap on your insurance company, in case you have an accident and your insurer goes bust? Given that Kickstarter (and Larian) is just about the only hope for RPGs, I'd happily take one dud for every one that turns out well.

What about Spiderweb and Basilisk?
Also, CDProjekt?

I usually don't go for stuff like Kickstarter - but man, I've got to say I really believe in this project and in this team. So I had to add my name as a $140 backer to support this and for that sweet cloth map!

Still a student but increased my pledge to $50 from $25.

There is also Bethesda and bioware.

Yes. I was going to mention these but I think Spiderweb, CDProjekt and Basilisk are more unanimous.
I'm with you there; for my taste, I would include Bethesda and Bioware too, and many others.

Congratulations, Obsidian, on a tangible validation of the good work you do. Well deserved. I hope on this project you remain focused on your strengths: high-quality writing and characterization. While I would've preferred turn-based combat or a system based on actual turns, so every turn could be an auto-pause condition, I hope you put some real thought into your encounter design, so this game is more tactical than the disappointing Blight springing from the ground in DA: Origins, for example. It already sounds like you're putting more thought into character development than Origins, which will be much appreciated by me, at least.

And congrats to all of us, who hopefully have something truly special in store.

This effort has surpassed every expectation. I can't wait to see what they craft from the proceeds. It will be wicked!

It looks like its been going at about $800/min for the last hour or so. That coming after an exceptional 6-day end-of-drive uptick (compared to the usual 2-3) is pretty impressive.

Incredible, when this kickstarter started I would never think Double Fine would be surpassed. Good job Obsidian, best kickstarter to date.

Yes. I was going to mention these but I think Spiderweb, CDProjekt and Basilisk are more unanimous.
I'm with you there; for my taste, I would include Bethesda and Bioware too, and many others.

That does remind me though I need to reach out to thomas and see how things are going.

Back
Top Bottom