CD Projekt RED - REDkit beta update, Witcher 3 teased?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A post on the Witcher community site provides a short update on the REDkit beta but also an excuse to tease, offering a single image of what is clearly Geralt's sword along with this text:
It’s been a while since you’ve heard about the REDkit beta. Well, the beta program is still in full effect with participants sending us loads of awesome content every day. We would like to share it with you on the go, but you’re going to have to wait a little longer to see the outcomes of their work. It shouldn’t be too long however, so stay tuned for more info. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for official announcements as well. Oh, and if you are wondering what’s that in that picture above – well, we’ll leave it for your imagination to answer. :)
More information.

Hopefully not Geralt. He was getting very old in the last game and unless they go back in time, he's too old to fight...unless that's the pommel of a cane ;)

Well crpgnut I doubt that we will see geriatric Geralt BUT, in the "Last Wish", the subject of him getting a bit too old for his profession crops up couple of times. Besides he is one of the very few Witchers left and, we are told, it's impossible to train the next generation. So younger successor would be out of whack with Sapkowski's vision.

Well crpgnut I doubt that we will see geriatric Geralt BUT, in the "Last Wish", the subject of him getting a bit too old for his profession crops up couple of times. Besides he is one of the very few Witchers left and, we are told, it's impossible to train the next generation. So younger successor would be out of whack with Sapkowski's vision.

He's getting old and his story as well. A new protagonist that "work" for Geralt, because he's now too "old" would be the way to go. We already meet a few "younger" Witchers in the games and members from another Witcher school (although most of them are dead now, but it doesn't mean more doesn't exist).

Ciri was such a "new protagonist" in Sapkowski's world but, while she was given Witcher's training, she wasn't given "Trial of Grasses"(art of which was lost). And, without "Trial of Grasses," you get an extremly skilled fighter but not the Witcher. So it's a tough one and I's interested to see who the main protagonist in TWIII will be...

It's obviously going to be Gerald. Not only there are loose ends and his journey towards the south to complete but he's too established for CDP to have any reason to drop him. If anything I could more easily imagine them wrapping the Witchers up with n3 and continuing to other worlds than abandoning Gerald for a new character or a user made one.

Yeah I don't see them dropping Jerry yet, but also do think that TW3 could well be their last game with him.

Old like batman? I certainly agree that he was looking old and tortured in second game but he was still capable of holding the weapon and able to change the world and I would not mind to see him in more games unless they continue the game as he is person to have successfully been resurrected through a contraption known as The Well of Souls.

Old like batman? I certainly agree that he was looking old and tortured in second game but he was still capable of holding the weapon and able to change the world and I would not mind to see him in more games unless they continue the game as he is person to have successfully been resurrected through a contraption known as The Well of Souls.

Perhaps they'll call him Nathan Brazil too.

They still have to finish the final part of his story. Then they can do what Hollywood and other developers in the business does. Reboot a dead movie or series a dozen times. How original.:-/

Honestly I like playing as Geralt. The story fits as he is Jaded and tired of all the political bullshit in a world gone to hell.

Last edited:
Says who? Maybe in the books, but I see no reason to change from Geralt in the games. At least not until the current story arc is finished.

Geralt game story happen after the books, so if in the books he's old and his story too, it is also the case in the games. ;)

Although, I'm mostly tired of running after Yennefer. *yawn*

Geralt game story happen after the books, so if in the books he's old and his story too, it is also the case in the games. ;)

Does it actually say that he's "too old" to be a Witcher in one of the books, or is that just your opinion? ;)

I could understand people thinking he's too old if we were talking about a normal human, but Witchers are mutants, and I'm not so sure that age applies the same way to them.

A few months ago, this studio released a promotional pic to show the possibility of next generation consoles developpment kit. It was shown on this site and in the pic, the face of Gerrald. So it should lift doubts. Arguably, the pic shows what could be a younger looking Gerrald. Just a suggestion here for people who love to argue for the sake of arguing.

They still have to finish the final part of his story. Then they can do what Hollywood and other developers in the business does. Reboot a dead movie or series a dozen times. How original.:-/

Honestly I like playing as Geralt. The story fits as he is Jaded and tired of all the political bullshit in a world gone to hell.

Meh, I think I would prefer a chance to have greater character customization options, different races, classes, etc., more than another Geralt story.

Meh, I think I would prefer a chance to have greater character customization options, different races, classes, etc., more than another Geralt story.

Well unfortunately it's not going to happen any time soon. It's not skyrim and I doubt it will ever be. Though I would be intrigued with a new setting and character after the third game.

Just finish Geralt's story then they can do whatever they want.

Well unfortunately it's not going to happen any time soon. It's not skyrim and I doubt it will ever be. Though I would be intrigued with a new setting and character after the third game.

Just finish Geralt's story then they can do whatever they want.

I hear that after they're done they'll be doing an RPG using the setting from "Fading Suns." Heard it from a reliable unnamed source too.

I hear that after they're done they'll be doing an RPG using the setting from "Fading Suns." Heard it from a reliable unnamed source too.

Just one little tip. I learned you have to be an idiot to believe every rumor and inside source on the internet.;)

Also don't you dare get my hopes up. I mean it.

Back
Top Bottom