Lionhead Studios - Molyneux Talks Up Fable 2 and His Next Game @ Wired

magerette

Hedgewitch
In an interview with Wired, Molyneux discusses the problems of Fable, and the features of Fable 2 a bit, and also mentions that his next game, known at this time as project Dimitiri, will be "... a significant scientific achievement.." Here's the full quote:
Game creator Peter Molyneux is well-known for making grandiose promises about his upcoming games, but he was on his best behavior at this week's Microsoft media event...But, when I ask him about his next game, we get a glimpse of classic Molyneux.
"I think it's such a significant scientific achievement that it will be on the cover of Wired," he says with a twinkle in his eye.
"My next game will not be Fable 3. It's not a game I can talk to you about right now, but: AI, simulation, the way characters interact -- we've had smart people working on that stuff for over a decade with the Fable games and Black and White." His next game consolidates all of what they have learned, he says.
Startegy Informer has some speculation about the project here.
More information.

Why does the media still play this guy up as being relevant to the industry? Personally I couldn't give a crap less what this guy is working on next. Anyone can write a cool-sounding design document nowadays.

AI, simulation, the way characters interact -- we've had smart people working on that stuff for over a decade with the Fable games and Black and White." His next game consolidates all of what they have learned, he says.
So the next 'game' revolves around teaching a dog not to eats it's own faeces?

Back
Top Bottom