Morrowind - Overhaul Project Interview @ RPG Italia

Thank you KINGPIX, installed it yesterday already and its amazing :)
Now I'm just waiting for the others to be released before I continue ;)

Any idea in the meantime when the next will be released?
Nice!
Nope I can't tell you a date right now, what I can tell is that we are working for make it epic!

Wow, just looked at the installguide… I won't be trying this today :)

Yeah, like I said, it's very very detailed. But it's easy :D

I am more motivated to explore because of surprises rather than because an NPC told me to go somewhere.

Exactly. I really love the "create your own adventure"-game that the TES series become when you mod them a lot. All kinds of unexpected scenarios plays out while adventuring. No one can say "yeah i did that too" / "yeah i remember that scenario". Everyones experience is almost 100% unique.

Downloaded! Cool, installation seems super easy. Gonna try on a separate install of MW (my 5th or so on my HDD's lol)

Took me a while to install it and especially lost a lot of time (a half day) to figure out what was the biggest fps impact.
In the end the only thing that made it lag a lot was high detailed shadows in the MGE.
Of course everybody must search what's the best solution combined with their PC setup.

Oh yeah when you're on Win7 I advice people to install Morrowind in something like C:/Games cause I got some errors while installing the mod when the vanilla game was installed in C:/Program Files(x86).

I am more motivated to explore because of surprises rather than because an NPC told me to go somewhere.

In Oblivion, Captain Picard told me to go do something which I had to force myself to keep doing before I lost interest. Plenty of NPCs around to give you quests in these games but it all seemed contrived.

In IWD, which didn't have a significant amount of distractions along the way, the story was compelling and constantly pulled you forward to the next chapter.

There were significant surprises along the way, such as the snowbank that fell on you in IWD cutting off your passage back to the village you came from. Who knew that would happen? In BG party members start hitting on you out of the blue, not to mention the side stories and crazy dreams you have along the way to your goal.

In BG someone exploded into my research temple and killed my father on our way out. I had this mysterious girl following me along too.

In Ultima, your quest is to become the Avatar or destroy Exodus. In what order you complete the task is up to you.

If the Elder Scrolls series had very interesting, and compelling main story lines, then these games wouldn't feel like such a drag to play.

If the Elder Scrolls series had very interesting, and compelling main story lines, then these games wouldn't feel like such a drag to play.

I found Morrowind's main story to be very interesting and compelling. Living Gods people worship living among them? The disappearance of entire races? Epic stuff.

Well I don't mean to be a negative nancy, so I'm going to download this and take another look. Arcanum certainly showed how interesting side-quests can get, even when they have nothing to do with the main story line.

Well I mean the concentration of Bethesda has always been on creating a world rather than a narrative, that's why they were an odd fit for Fallout. The strength of Morrowind is certainly in its world, art design and factions. Still, the main plot had a lot of great ideas and cool interactions, plus some very unique moments. A prison break on a floating meteor above the palace of a god, for instance.

They'll probably never make Bioware RPGs that are focused on a strong narrative, but that's not really their focus.

Back
Top Bottom