The Memory of Eldurim - Weekly Dev Stream

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
How exactly is Eldurim different from Skyrim-type? Because all I see in the video is Skyrim Amateur Edition, more beginner coder type stuff, missing combat physics that only veteran coders can put in.

Missing concept artist able to define an interesting world and missing veteran 3D modeler/texture artists, who know, what they are doing.

Good practice for LiminalGames anyway. Maybe Eldurim 2 or something will be more different from the mainstream UE4 stuff..

Some indie devs live their dream - I don't think they want to rival Elder Scrolls games.

The game did actually advance since I last saw it a few months ago.
It is much more detailed and it works better. Even the combat looks better, but still clunky, yes. But it has improved. And there is still a lot to do and hope they will improve even more on animations and other mechanics.
They have some good ideas.
I think this can be a good game when it is finished.

The game did actually advance since I last saw it a few months ago.
It is much more detailed and it works better. Even the combat looks better, but still clunky, yes. But it has improved. And there is still a lot to do and hope they will improve even more on animations and other mechanics.
They have some good ideas.
I think this can be a good game when it is finished.

Given the progress they've made the last few months I decided to buy the early access version on steam. I'll probably wait a year or so before I try the game, but I feel they do deserve som recognition for such an ambitious project.

Given the progress they've made the last few months I decided to buy the early access version on steam. I'll probably wait a year or so before I try the game, but I feel they do deserve som recognition for such an ambitious project.

Yes, a whole year or more seems right until it's ready to play at its best.

Well if I remember its just three college students making the game.:thinking: So I also agree the game has come a long way since the first release earlier this year.

A couple of questions:
- is this an actual RPG? Quests etc?
- monsters or just men to fight?
- I'm assuming the frame rate is just the video? It can't be that choppy?

Back
Top Bottom