Darkfall Online RULES

sweet! M&B had nice combat!
You can even block manually with shields or two-handed weapon. Effective blocking reduces the amount of damage you will take, as opposed to not having blocked in time.

You can also fight on your mount. You can also have your actual mount do an attack. You can also charge with your mount to displace a line of... say... dwarves. And you can leap over the dwarves on your mount, if you time it right. Although leaping over dwarves isnt very impressive, lol.

I may be wrong but weren't you a player of AoW? Anyway it sounds very good. Personally I think WoW is pretty bad, but I never got into EQ either. I don't think the best of what can be done in an MMO has been achieved. Maybe Darkfall will do that.

What is AoW? Age of Wonders?

I am playing World of Warcraft currently since there's nothing else to play.

Yes Age of Wonders. Must have been a different Ammon then. I just remember that name.

Seems Darkfall comes either 1) end of 2007, or 2) some unknown time in 2008. :-/

Seriously, I am thinking 6 more months before release. Gawd Im hoping.

(Although after waiting 5 years, what is another year? lol.)

Last edited:
Considering the game is not even in beta(please, correct me if I am wrong), I guess it will be relased next year. Besides, I do hope it won't appear together with AoC or WAR, so that it can appeal to more fans :)

Youre right. Its most likely gonna release a while after AoC and WAR. I fully expect to be playing those two games before Darkfall beta.

Also, Darkfall is in closed beta. Everyone that says its "not in beta" is actually just saying its not in an "open beta" that players can play in. Its closed beta population comprises very limited amount of people.

Developers said Darkfall will have a very short open beta (only a couple of months) before it releases.

The day might come around October and open beta might suddenly be announced out of nowhere and Darkfall might actually release before WAR, but I think AoC will release before Darkfall and that Darkfall wont release until sometime in 2008.

I am no longer looking forward to Darkfall since the community gave me a bad taste in my mouth. I dont think I will ever go back to play with a bunch of griefing PKers. No thanks.

I am no longer looking forward to Darkfall since the community gave me a bad taste in my mouth. I dont think I will ever go back to play with a bunch of griefing PKers. No thanks.
This is sad, ironic and ... well, just unfortunate for you. It really sucks to get so amped for a game and then so disappointed.

Actually after having cooled-off for a few days, I am re-evaluating my decision. Thing is that I am unsure the extent that Darkfall mechanics will limit griefers because some mechanics exist that will keep them from ruining gameplay, but I am going to do some more research into it and find out before I make a final decision against playing Darkfall. Also, I think I need to grow thicker skin and not allow other players to determine what games I want to play. It should be my own decision. Granted, they were jerks, but the culture of Forumfall might not reflect the in-game culture of Darkfall. I am willing to give it a chance and do some serious research before I blow it off completely.

Actually after having cooled-off for a few days, I am re-evaluating my decision. Thing is that I am unsure the extent that Darkfall mechanics will limit griefers because some mechanics exist that will keep them from ruining gameplay, but I am going to do some more research into it and find out before I make a final decision against playing Darkfall. Also, I think I need to grow thicker skin and not allow other players to determine what games I want to play. It should be my own decision. Granted, they were jerks, but the culture of Forumfall might not reflect the in-game culture of Darkfall. I am willing to give it a chance and do some serious research before I blow it off completely.

So you were basing that on a FORUM?!?! You really do need a thicker skin :D Just kidding, but some game forums are really nasty!

This thread confuses me seeing as it's all regarding a game that hasnt even been released yet! How could we know if it rules? If it doesnt?

Patience, young padawan(s)

This thread confuses me seeing as it's all regarding a game that hasnt even been released yet! How could we know if it rules? If it doesnt?

Patience, young padawan(s)

I think that is the thing - Ammon777 is quite young (no offense) and started this because he was quite exuberant about the prospects of the game to be an excellent MMO.

Yeah, I know about the game's design, but havent played it yet. It has excellent stated design stuff, but... I also was just as excited about SWG as Darkfall some years ago, and SWG sucks and turned out to be a total failure.

Anyhow, I will find out in beta.

Also, yes I am quite young, mentally. A lot of it has to do with I have schizophrenia, but my appearance even belies my age, I look at least 10 years younger than I really am: I still get carded FOR CIGARETTES. :D

Seriously, every time I walk into a bar in the city, they ask me for proof of age...
I'm 33 years old...

Couple years ago, I didnt have an ID because I lost my driver's license card, and they wouldnt even let me stay in the bar with my friends... :( And I was 30.

And couple years ago, I didnt have an ID and my friends went to the strip bar (you know, gurls nakid). The bastards at the door wouldnt let me in so I sat in the car alone and drank whiskey while my friends got to see nakid gurls... :( And I was 30.

Last edited:
I almost feel sorry for you, because i know what it feels like. A good friend of mine was 16 and I was 20. They all thought he was 18 and I was 16. So I almost feel sorry but you story is just too funny :devilish::evilgrin::cm:

Seriously, every time I walk into a bar in the city, they ask me for proof of age...
I'm 33 years old...
Sorry - I obviously have you confused with a couple of the teens here ... and, again apologies, but declarations of an unreleased game you haven't played as 'BEST GAME EVAR' doesn't help that assessment ...

Ya I think I'll just wait patiently for another 6 months before I draw a final conclusion on this game. I am hoping in 6 months there will be beta.

didnt you like quit MMo's or something? ='.'=
You get that from his sig? I think he - like so many MMO lovers it seems - has one of those on again, off again love-hate relationships with MMO's.

Dudes! Why y'all cappin' on ole trip7's? Cut 'im sum slack, yo.

:)

Back
Top Bottom