Sacred 2 - Review @ VGBlogger

magerette

Hedgewitch
VGBlogger has a review up by RPGWatch's Mike Anderson(txa1265) for Ascaron's recently released action rpg, Sacred 2. As with all of txa1265's reviews, the pros and cons are all examined, ending on an overall positive note:
Let me be clear - Sacred 2 won’t be winning any originality contests. It is a straight action-RPG in the grand tradition of Diablo, whose lineage includes games such as Diablo II, the original Sacred, and Titan Quest. Sacred 2 has taken elements from all of those games and improved upon its predecessor in nearly every way...
Sacred 2 is a huge game - in terms of content as well as size. The world is open and you can go anywhere — just like in the original — and the size is estimated at 22 square miles. The main quest reportedly contains over a hundred quests, with hundreds of side-quests available to any character, as well as character-specific quests and quests related to the chosen deity. While I did not go through and count them all, the sheer volume of quests listed in my log gave me no reason to debate these numbers. Generally the quests are simple and straight-forward - go there, get this, kill that - but occasionally there are multi-stage quests. The range of types and difficulty of quests is also very satisfying.
More information.

I didn't like that game, I even forced myself to finish it.

Sure you have load & load & .... of side quest, but man, they're just so bland.
The game isn't BAD, but they're just too many flaws to me. Bad character developpement, uninterresting quests and strange combat.

The worst for me was the constant ennemy repop.

On the good points I would say huge world, fielled with lots of details, fun universe and... that's it I guess

i'd go for a 4 or 5/10.

Is Sacred 2 released in North America? I've been keeping my eye out for it at various gaming stores and have yet to come across it.

I like to finish my games, and I also like to know what i'm talking about.

Now I can that that from A to Z I didn't like it :)

It was just....awful. My hat is off to you that you made it through the whole, boring thing. I'd rather spend the time at the dentist.

Hmm I really didn't think it was that bad really...it did what it was supposed to well. Its an action rpg and expecting it to be something esle is setting up yourself for dissapointment. The engine is awesome and would make a great traditional rpg...I really felt like it could make a very interesting ultima:)

Is Sacred 2 released in North America? I've been keeping my eye out for it at various gaming stores and have yet to come across it.

Yep - my copy was from online, but I have also seen it in stores somewhere or other ... didn't really pay attention.

As for the game ... it is exactly what it is, what Sacred #1 was, and what it claims to be. And with the patches applied as I stated, it flows pretty well and rund without a hitch.

Simple the Best

IMO, Sacred 2 is the best Hack'n Slash game out there at the moment, since Titan Quest.

++ Visuals
+ Characters
+ Comedic parts
+ Character development
+ Good quests

- Story
- Repeative

I agree, I didn't like it at all. The thing that ruined it most for me was the monster respawning. If they'd just get rid of that, then it wouldn't be a bad game. Shame you can't mod it.

I think that - like (dare I say) Dungeon Lords - games with respawning andor random encounters should have some sort of 'slider' to allow you to vary things.

I think it's very flawed, but didn't dislike it too much. Then again I'm also not enthused about it. I consider it ok and playable, but haven't picked it up in two weeks. I guess I want to see what the next patch does, but it probably won't be enough for me.

Some of it's likely due to the fact that I've been busy and don't want to get sucked into a game that drains away hours, as ARPGs can do. That's probably not an S2 thing; I haven't been playing any games lately.

Sometimes I think getting it was a waste of money, but nothing was worth buying late last year IMO. I'll probably get back into at some point down the road.

a can assure you i won't be disappointed in your review. however, i may be disappointed in myself if your review is done so well, which is highly probable, that i go against my 10 minute disintrest in the demo, and lack of love for hack & slash and buy the game anyhow:)

a can assure you i won't be disappointed in your review. however, i may be disappointed in myself if your review is done so well, which is highly probable, that i go against my 10 minute disintrest in the demo, and lack of love for hack & slash and buy the game anyhow:)

Don't - Sacred 2 is 'truth in advertising' - it *is* hack n slash through and through

titan quest was enjoyable, though probably not for me without the mythology setting. i also liked chosen: well of souls, but that had a few unique gameplay elements such as the ranged/gun mechanics. can't think of any others since diablo 2 except divine divinity which i need to restart again someday and finish since so many quests got bungled.

Some of you guys are going to be disappointed in my review when it comes out. This is the best hack'n'slash title since Diablo II - an outstanding title in the genre.
Maybe disappointed, maybe happy to liberally mock and criticize your work? We'll see ... ;)

I actually enjoyed sacred 2 more then titans quest.

Back
Top Bottom