RPGWatch Feature: Let's Play AoD!

Any rumours on a release date? Looks like it's quite far along...but so far all I can find is TBA (!). I see they are also without a publisher? Is that the hold up?
Nope. The game will be available for download when it's ready. Professionally produced boxed copies will be mailed to those who prefer this option.

As for the publishers, the game has generated a lot of attention and we've received a lot of publishing inquiries, so signing up with a publisher [for non-English speaking markets] won't be a problem.

Regarding the release date, this year sounds reasonable, but our priority is not to ship the game asap, but to deliver a quality game. If Blizzard can teach people anything is that polish and attention to details is much more important than shipping something playable.

Thanks for the interest, guys.

Nope. The game will be available for download when it's ready. Professionally produced boxed copies will be mailed to those who prefer this option.

Thanks for the interest, guys.

Ah ok! I live in one of those bandwidth-starved countries where I have a rather low monthly cap, so downloading probably won't be an option for me. Unless it's a few 100 MB. Also outside of the main game markets, I guess, so it's unlikely to get here with great ease. sigh.

I'd prefer boxed copies, too.

Games in boxes, patches on print magazine disks?!?! C'mon Alrik - time to leave the 20th century behind :D

Hush. He was running Win 98 still in 2006, if I recall correctly, long after it had officially stopped being supported. Maybe he's just being old-fashioned. Or maybe it's his way of life. ;)

I was running Win98Se still until September 2007. ;) Then my motherboard died. ;)

I agree that I'm quite conservative in these terms. But I have my reasons: A game on a CD-ROM stays there much longer than o a harddisk, I assume.

Of course, you can always have backups, or reinstall it from the downloading server, but that's still different to me.

It's similar of streaming vs. on CD to me: One is never physically there, only a shadow, a scent, a hint of something, meanwhile I can physically touch what's on CD.

It's like going to McDonalds vs. buying everything and cooking a meal all by and for myself.

Also you can't get a manual, cloth map and a diamond encrusted case with a Digital Download, I miss the times where game boxes used to come with all sorts of fun stuff.

Yes, I must admit that I'm also one of the guys who likes my printed manual (which I actually read...much to the amazement of my friends ;-) PDF files are all very well, but unless I print something out I can't refer to them while I'm playing. And, well, I just like leafing through all that info, which shows (hopefully) the intricacy of the game I'm playing. I was just leafing through my IWD manual - which I'm busy replaying - aahhh!

Also, for me, the cost of downloading a 1-2GB+ game is about 30% of the cost of buying one (!).

indeed ;-) unfortunately postal officials here tend to have unnaturally long fingers...have lost game orders from overseas before (Gothic 2 !!!) . Some US sites insist on couriering things to "darkest Africa" at $50 per item :bigcry: ... so it can be a costly proposition. In that case I might just be forced to download the everything and forgo my box. Would def be cheaper.

Your other alternative is to have a friend in another more mail friendly country get the box for you and send it personal mail. I only got caught with the $50 courier costs once and that was enough!! :)

Back
Top Bottom