Donations... meter

Drithius

Magic & Loss
How difficult would it be to implement a meter at the top of the site with site overhead costs & donations for a given month/period? I think it would greatly encourage donations to lessen net overhead.

Haha, well, if you look at the donations page.... they're making a profit on RPGWatch right now :D +146 euro. That doesn't surprise me at all of course.....

We could make a meter for it, but I don't know if we will go that route and yes we are making a profit, but that will change in January when I add the annual cost again :)

Maybe it's better to do a yearly thing though. You seem to be adding everything together. It's already 3 years of costs/ads and donations in there.

Once 2011 finishes you should wrap it up there and start a new counter for 2012 methinks.

That is indeed what will be done in 2012.

I made a small donation and wanted to make sure it went through though. I live in the US so I had to use Paypal and convert the money ... first time I did something like that. It looks like it went thogh okay on my end, just hope you got it on your end :) This is a great site and I enjoy it very much.

If you did not mention your user name I cannot verify that. If you PM me some of your info (like your name) I'll check.

I'm sooo glad we don't need to watch this face all year long...
Jimmy_kevin_spacey.png

If you turn on the avatar pictures in the forums here, you see quite a lot of different faces all of the time here instead. ;)

My annual question:

Are some donations needed for RPGWatch 2013?

Thanks for the question. ;)

We probably could use a couple of donations to break even next year. Myrthos will certainly say something about this soonish. At the moment he is busy cleaning things up.

From the looks of it we will have sufficient funding for 2013.
The cost for this year is somewhat lower as we did not move to a new server yet. The cost for next year will be a bit more than normally, but that still means there will be a surplus, especially when I also add our expected ad income.

Time to chip in I guess (haven't done so for quite a while :biggrin: )...

We appreciate every single donation. A page update is not in sight though. It will probably take weeks until new names appear on the donations page.

I've updated the page and it now shows the actual status. If you donated in 2013 or this year and your name is not in the list, you probably forgot to add your nickname to your PayPal payment…. or I made a mistake :)
In any case PM me to sort this out.

All donors from before 2013 that did not donate in 2013/2014 have been removed from the list and are no longer listed as donor on these forums.

eep, we need to pick up the donations a bit. It'd be nice if we could even out the budget!

Back
Top Bottom