Dark Souls II - First Sin Edition Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment announced today in a new press release that Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin is now available for consoles. and the PC.

DARK SOULS II: SCHOLAR OF THE FIRST SIN is now available for the Playstation 4, XBox ONE, Playstation 3, XBox 360 & PC

New Challenges and Deeper Lore Await New and Returning Players

The undead curse continues to spread across the kingdom of Drangleic with DARK SOULS™ II: Scholar of the First Sin, now available across the Europe, Middle-East and Australasia for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox One®, all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and STEAM for PC.

DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin, the new vision for DARK SOULS II on the PlayStation 4 system, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PCs will include updated graphics and performance, new enemy placement, the new Forlorn invader, increased online multiplayer count, and additional gameplay enhancements. All three DLCs released for DARK SOULS II (Crown of the Sunken King, Crown of the Old Iron King, and Crown of the Ivory King) will be included in the package as well as new story elements and a new NPC found in the latest content update available for current DARK SOULS II players.

“With DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin, our DARK SOULS franchise jumps to the latest generation of consoles. With upgraded graphics, new enemy locations, new NPCs and other enhancements; this is the perfect time to get into the DARK SOULS universe and experience the uniqueness and depth of this acclaimed series.” Herve Hoerdt, Vice President of IP Strategy, Marketing & PR at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe.

DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin is also available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system, and digitally for PC DirectX 9 systems. This new version of DARK SOULS II will include a new content update for current DARK SOULS II players, enriching the player’s journey through Drangleic, as well as all three DLC released for DARK SOULS II.
More information.

What is this bug and is there a workaround/mod to fix it ?

Is it twice as fast or not that bad?

Last edited:
it is twice or faster; in 60 fps you can break a 60 durability weapon in 3-4 minutes, while on 30 fps it can take double that or more

the only solution is to lock the game at 30 fps

i dont think they will fix this (i mean the lazy and greedy devs), this bug was in the old game as well since the beginning (april last year)

you can see here http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/...bug_not_solved_in_ps4xbox_one_version/cofw417 , probably on 144 fps it breaks in less than a minute :lol:

The whole durability management aspect of the game is just a nuisance.
It doesn't fit an action-oriented game like Dark Souls (and I don't think that it adds to the experience of other rpg's as well).
I wonder why they changed the system so much from the first game where everything had much higher durability and you didn't have to worry about it nearly as much.

Bloodborne is awesome by the way.

Stop taunting me. I haven't had a chance to play it and probably won't until work slows down sometime in 2056.:(

As for the bug, I guess I never noticed it in my play through.

Bloodborne is awesome by the way.

No, Bloodborne is MEGA-AWESOME. I just finished my first playthrough and I'm super-excited to do NG+ and all the optional random dungeons. This game is mind-blowing. The gameplay is the most refined of any Souls game. And the graphics...so insanely good.

Oh about DS2...BLAH. ;)

I really want to play Bloodborne. As far as this release, I heard PS3 owners get a bonus questline, to compensate for the lack of enhanced PS4 graphix. Not only that, original owners get bonus DLC. Since I have the original, I am excited.

However, Dark Souls 1 was my favorite game for the last 10+ years.

Dark Souls 2 I did not find nearly as compelling, as everything seemed to lead backward to the central hub, whereas Dark Souls 1 branched outward, like a tree chart, Dark Souls 2 branched inward.

It was the same problem I had with Demons Souls. I prefer an open world, and less dialogue. Less = More. The exposition got to be a bit much, and it became super-obvious after a point where to go, though I loved the level of detail, and it is head over heel above many RPGs of its fashion, despite the obvious fact the game trolls you. A LOT. ;)

Granted, I will be first in line to buy it, but I damned wish I had a PS4 by now. Full indie support + 8 Gb. of RAM. I am sold! :/

Back
Top Bottom