Windows 10 upgrades even for pirated copies?

zahratustra

SasqWatch
Really?

I'm smelling a trap somewhere...

LOL that's what I thought too. If something sounds too good to be true it usually is. Still, if it's meant as a trap, isn't it too obvious?

it__s_a_trap_by_briankesinger-d5di8mb.jpg

Seems like some kind of amnesty. Illegal users suddenly becomes legal. But above all they become registered users. I suspect there will be some kind of money involved after that. A subscription fee?

Pibbur who for the moment don't charge anyone reading his drivel. For the moment.

Bondage , to the windows services.
One drive, email etc

That's is indeed a possibility Pladio but haven't Microsoft sworn on their grandma's grave that Windows 10 will not be a subscription service?

How much would it cost to unlock Pibbur's premium features? :)

And yeah win 10 offer sounds too good to be true…

It does sound to good to be true and will more than likely be just the OS with minimum features enabled, and you will have to pay for all the extra features to enable them.

Anyway this does makes sense as they already said they want to compete with Steam on the PC now, and Win 10 seems be the software for the job.

As someone else already said one united system under Microsoft's control. They seem to have learned that lesson from Apple so time will tell if they succeed.

Last edited:
How much would it cost to unlock Pibbur's premium features? :)
Could be quite costly and time-consuming. At the moment he's not aware of any, they're at best undocumented features. In other words, lots of research.

Pibbur who in 1954 was a GOTY release to some people, but probably not many. Guy of the year.

It does sound to good to be true and will more than likely be a just the OS with minimum features enabled, and you will have to pay for all the extra features.

I can see it now:

1$/month for enabling graphics
1$/month for Spartan/IE
1$/month for Cortana
1$/month for enabling Ethernet services
1$/month for enabling sound services
1$/month for each HDDs installed on top of the one where Windows is installed
5$/month for DirectX 12 support (and being able to play games)
1$/month for each peripheral installed beside a keyboard
1$/month for installing applications outside of those from Microsoft stores
etc.

That's is indeed a possibility Pladio but haven't Microsoft sworn on their grandma's grave that Windows 10 will not be a subscription service?

No idea to be honest :D
I haven't been following.

It's good MS doesn't have a mother though.

I don't think there's a catch here, it just makes good sense for MS. The xbone will be heavily integrated in to win10 and they want people to buy xbones. Also they want to strike at steamOS and they will get a cut of everything sold on win10 App Store. They also want to unify tablet, phone and pc windows, so there's money there.

Just getting win10 on as many devices as possible will make MS enough to forgo charging for the OS.

I don't think there's a catch here, it just makes good sense for MS. The xbone will be heavily integrated in to win10 and they want people to buy xbones. Also they want to strike at steamOS and they will get a cut of everything sold on win10 App Store. They also want to unify tablet, phone and pc windows, so there's money there.

Just getting win10 on as many devices as possible will make MS enough to forgo charging for the OS.

I think that is about right. Things are going to get very interesting, and Microsoft clearly sees the threats. I think this is a smart strategy for them

What would be better for Microsoft than luring pirates in with altruism, only for them to find that Windows has completely locked their PC's, making them unusable, or feeding their information to the FBI?

And why is it so important that we all get updated to Windows 10 anyway?! It all feels slightly dystopian to me, and I'm hearing ominous music in the background right now.

And why is it so important that we all get updated to Windows 10 anyway?! It all feels slightly dystopian to me, and I'm hearing ominous music in the background right now.

Cortana
Siri
Amelia

AI already took over the world, they are just trying to be on a device near you.

Back
Top Bottom