Sacred 3 - Previews

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Here are two previews of the recently announced Sacred 3.
OXM:
Since Deep Silver bought the license to the Sacred series from former developer Ascaron Entertainment, they basically went back to the drawing board for the next installment. With new developer Keen Games at the helm, you can think of Sacred 3 as a sort of franchise reboot, albeit one that returns to the high-fantasy realm of Ancaria and may involve some familiar characters and kingdoms. Most everything else has been stripped down and rebuilt as a more action-oriented console-friendly hack-and-slash.
Press2Reset:
The action RPG can be played cooperatively with up to four players. The Safiri Berserker (a ripped beast of a man) and the Ancarian Lancer (a scantily clad pixelated wet dream) character classes were showcased. The two playing showed off the benefit of using character classes with complimentary skill sets as the Lancer stunned groups of enemies and, when timed correctly, the Berserker wreaked havoc as it charged through them. Often this combo instantly destroyed enemies or, when travelling an area on narrow paths, knocked them off to their deaths.
More information.

"More action-oriented"? I think someone hasn't played the first two, they were pretty manic button-clickers.

Did it work for Dungeon Siege 3? No? Ok let's try again!
Diablo 3? Never heard of it.

well yeah, I always felt Sacred lacked depth.. at least now they take the design where they are comfortable

Gone is the PC-style interface and vast overworld of Sacred 2, replaced by a more responsive action-RPG type battle system and focused linear level progression

No vast overworld and not being able to go where i want when i want = NOPE
Linear level progression = level controlling = NOPE

Looks like the developer has a vast experience in RPG making

*delete*

Forget everything I wrote. They seem to only port games, and produce almost exclusively for consoles.

No doubt no-one knows their name here.

Back
Top Bottom