Skyrim Latest and Greatest Mods

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Good man! I generally like stuff that makes tedium less. So I have a bound pickaxe spell, so I don't have to carry a 10 pound pickaxe. Reweighed potions, so I don't have to backtrack to town as often, SkyUI, and Skytweak and a few magic mods, to make destruction scale evenly with melee. I also like the female form and use the body mods and armor mods. Gotta get a good "slow down experience mod". Skytweak could do it, but it takes a lot of fiddling.

Man...
Install the mod I've added (no respawns) and you get no grinding which in reality means slow down experience.

I don't have that mod, but I manually tweak respawns. I don't like them much either, Joxer.

At its heart, Skyrim is a sandbox. Not wanting to add any toys to the sandbox except what came in the package seems a bit odd. If, at its heart, Skyrim was an artfully told, moving, and immersive story then I would be right there with you. From Daggerfall to Skyrim, every one of the games is improved by a careful selection of mods.

This. I don't think I've ever seen it put so well.

As with others here, I love every one of my 100+ mods. The more a game can feel like it's your own, the more immersive it is, imho.

Wow. I only have a few dozen and I'm starting to get some stability issues. (The "Safety Load" mod helped a lot there.)

For lists of good mods, http://www.skyrimgems.com/ works well.

This. I don't think I've ever seen it put so well.

As with others here, I love every one of my 100+ mods. The more a game can feel like it's your own, the more immersive it is, imho.

Like wise to both comments. I have spent months (really) fine tuning and tweaking and have a very stable game. But I also don't have some of the more dangerous script mods that completely overhaul the game. Instead I focus on simple immersion script mods, the only real big one being Frostfall which is pretty stable and Chesko is a pro, and tons of textures and mods that add to the game with no, or very little, scripts.

I have close to 200 I think, mostly textures, right now. Here is my list as of 11/7/13 and the only real changes have been adding some more HR textures as they keep coming out.

http://home.comcast.net/~thunor/images/hosted/config/mods.html

Like wise to both comments. I have spent months (really) fine tuning and tweaking and have a very stable game. But I also don't have some of the more dangerous script mods that completely overhaul the game. Instead I focus on simple immersion script mods, the only real big one being Frostfall which is pretty stable and Chesko is a pro, and tons of textures and mods that add to the game with no, or very little, scripts.

I have close to 200 I think, mostly textures, right now. Here is my list as of 11/7/13 and the only real changes have been adding some more HR textures as they keep coming out.

http://home.comcast.net/~thunor/images/hosted/config/mods.html

You can say that again! I have spent well over good 30 hours last week setting up all the mods. I just hope I play the game for more than 30 hours once I am happy with the mod setup!

Hi everyone.
Just a little self promotion, which might be interesting for those roleplayers among you.

TakeNotes adds a player journal to the game that lets your write down your adventures or ... well, whatever.

Here's a screenshot
48375-2-1387718554.jpg

Tits? I'm installing!

LOL sorry just read this now 8 months later, interestingly I was considering trying Skyrim for my third (and hopefully final) time and was checking what mods to install, when I came into a mod you might like, it's called "Sexlab", check it out!

LOL sorry just read this now 8 months later, interestingly I was considering trying Skyrim for my third (and hopefully final) time and was checking what mods to install, when I came into a mod you might like, it's called "Sexlab", check it out!
I recommend he doesn't for what has been seen can not be undone. I'm glad they at least have some rules with adult content on the nexus.:puke:

Sexlab is safe guys, no one got pregnant. Sexlab does nothing on its own. You need other mods to interact with the animations like defeat, submit, or sanguine debauchery. After messing around a bit with installing skins, bounces and schlongs of skyrim, im kinda happy it all worked out. Makes playing the game sort of interesting. Death isnt the end and all.

Sexlab is safe guys, no one got pregnant. Sexlab does nothing on its own. You need other mods to interact with the animations like defeat, submit, or sanguine debauchery. After messing around a bit with installing skins, bounces and schlongs of skyrim, im kinda happy it all worked out. Makes playing the game sort of interesting. Death isnt the end and all.

I liked it too, I only used 'Defeat', but also added one that forces you to sleep or you get penalties, and if you went to sleep outside your house or in an inn, there was a chance that you would get 'interesting' encounters (specially if you slept in those sleeping bags found in the wilderness or underground).

Hmmm, does this mod have a way of defeating opponents without killing them? I mean, if they attack me I'm gonna take their weapons and armor, but I don't need to actually kill them. If it's a cute female, I'll take her clothes too. After all, it is a fantasy game :)

Does anyone know of a mod where you can actually release prisoners and get some type of reward? Many bandit and necromancer ruins have captives.

Use SexLabs Submit.
Low HP bandits and humanoid enemies can be turned in to guards for bounties.
The problem is that they might die along the way. Have a healing hand spell handy.

Here are the mods I have running at the moment:
skyrim.png

Well, I get to have sex in real life so I wouldn't need most of this but I would love a mod that just allows folks to yield to the Dragonborn. You want them to yield to the Dragonbone :) Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just I would never use it. I love to watch Vilja and Lydia parade around in their chainmail bikinis but I still play the game as a crpg instead of a sex sim.

Well, I deleted all my mods and I jumped back into my old save game… I was getting some horrible frame rate freezes when I played last. Which, I found out, was probably caused by adding too many mods that ate my VRAM (nVidia GTX 470 with 1.25GB). So I started anew and tried to be a little more careful this time. So maybe this will help with some tips for people that have a video card that's a few years old, like mine. :)

Unfortunately, I think I can't run vurt's Flora Overhaul or any of the city overhauls. Combined with the rest, if just eats up too much. However, a bit win for me was turning off AA and using FXAA instead. It's cheap and saves some memory. I also didn't use any of the 2k or 4k texture packs, but installed the Bethesda Performance Textures mods and Skyrim Performance mods, that are geared towards improving performance while minimally affecting visuals.

The Skyrim Performance Monitor tools is also handy: it attaches to the Skyrim executable and shows frame rate, CPU usage and memory usage in-game, among a few other things, and shows them in a graph after you quit.

The Guide to Performance Minded Modding gave me a lot of good ideas, while still offering an impressive list of mods to add.

Moving on, I'm a little surprised that no one mentioned any audio overhaul mods here (or maybe I missed it). I've downloaded Sounds of Skyrim and the newer Skyrim Audio Overhaul. I have yet to try the latter myself, but I've seen (or listened to) YouTube videos of it; it seems to be a little more in your face and does some interesting things with the reverb system. I look forward to trying it on my next start up.

Anyway, I'll leave my contribution to the thread with a few more mods (some I have yet to try myself) that add great content to play through that are just examples of impressive amounts of work and quality. You have to stand in awe at the dedication and passion some (groups of) people have for this kind of thing. :)

- Moonpath to Elsweyr
- Wyrmtooth
- Falskaar
- Civil War Overhaul
- Helgen Reborn

P.S. I think modding has always been kind of the point of The Elder Scrolls, well, at least for the last three games, anyway. Some people have spent thousands of hours building their mods, much more than the vast majority of player will ever spent actually *playing* the game. I can't fathom not making use of the vast selection of mods, carefully categorized and community-rated for your convenience. It's like playing around with Barbie's Dream House, except I feel slightly less weird after I'm done.

I'm sure all the graphic mods are exellent, but my problem with vanilla was never graphics (unless you count UI as graphics). I know SKyUI solves my problem with the UI, but for my other problems:

SCALING: Is there any mod that COMPLETELY removes it? Preferably to the point where I get killed if I see a dragon in the distance. (Not really, but you understand what I mean). It's not higher difficulty I necessarily need, I just don't want the world to scale to my level.

Loot scaling: Begone. Completely please. If I sneak by some really dangerous enemies (which should now exist if I can remove level scaling) to get some epic loot, it should damn well be epic.

There are probably other concerns I have, but those are the biggest...

Back
Top Bottom