Skyrim Latest and Greatest Mods

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Must-have mods on PC imho:

SkyUI - everyone knows about that one
Immersive HUD - let's you set transparencies of the HUD, choose when your crosshair is shown, hide the compass by keypress
Minimal HUD - lets you resize and move the HUD, even more crosshair options, select what is shown on the compass
Categorized Favorites Menu Name says it all

I came across this little delightful mod that I just had to share. It's called Lakeview Extended - Hearthfire.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31380
Features: (all upgrades purchasable through the dragon located in the Fungal Cave.)
* Pool — for those that fancy taking a swim.
* Wall & Gates — north fence and a south wall with 2 gates.(gate key is at Talos statue, see picture "21 Key Locations")
* Villa — providing beds for 5 people.
* Watchtower — defensible position to protect the fence.
* Extra Flora — for those that love trees/plants/farm plots, not to mention statues.
* Fish Hatchery — for an easy fishing time, same as the Windstad Manor's hatchery.
* Fungal Cave — an underground mushroom garden including little chaurus gardeners and a dragon.
* Road — connecting you manor to both main roads.
* Hortus Sanctum — greenhouse cavern including ores, insects and spriggans.
* Apothecary — a cave in the mountain where your alchemist shop is located, including 4 beds.
* NPCs — a merchant, blacksmith, alchemist, gardener and 4 respawnable guards with keys to open the gates.
* Vanilla Necromancer's Altar — all items of this horrible looking altar right next to your home are disabled and replaced with a garden.
* Improved Navmesh — all added content has been provided with new navmeshes, npc's should follow wherever you go.

Optional Files:
* Lakeview_Extended_CM — these esp's remove unnecessary collision markers so your npcs can walk past your house, install only one .esp per wing.
example: I build the kitchen yet the armory collision marker is there thus my npcs will not walk past it.
* Lakeview_Extended_Grindstone_Workbench — places your grindstone and workbench where your drafting table, chest and carpenters workbench are located, you need to use "markfordelete" in game though.
* Lakeview_Extended_Interior — stops your manor interior from resetting, I made this because I got sick of old items respawning and bumping away my own placed items.
* Lakeview_Extended_Steam — just some steam over the pool.

Wolfgrimdark, I've started another playthrough of Skyrim, so if you've added any graphical enhancements since your last post, please update your list :) I have a 560ti card so I might not be able to run everything you have but I should be able to run most. If you have something that stresses your system, let me know. I've got some mod running from my last play that changes several settings and it has me leveling very slowly and it or another mod stops all non-combat skills from contributing to character level. I think it might be called XSO.....

560ti card so I might not be able to run everything
That card should run everything unless something has a lousy code.

ENB is built to cripple systems :)

Whatever. I've decided to finally replay this crap of a game. Modded.

Only SkyUI (link above) and this mod:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9551/?

Not a chance I'm gonna add unofficial "patches", graphicswhoring and thousands of silly stuff.

But, but, but....graphics whoring is fun :biggrin: I run about 30 mods.

30 mods, crpgnut, you're nut(s)! :D

sakichop, of course I'll complain if Bethesda didn't want to spend less than 1% of the money they've earned on the game to fix things! They definetly didn't need to invest more than that.

Whatever. I've decided to finally replay this crap of a game. Modded.

Only SkyUI (link above) and this mod:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9551/?

Not a chance I'm gonna add unofficial "patches", graphicswhoring and thousands of silly stuff.

At its heart, Skyrim is a sandbox. Not wanting to add any toys to the sandbox except what came in the package seems a bit odd. If, at its heart, Skyrim was an artfully told, moving, and immersive story then I would be right there with you. From Daggerfall to Skyrim, every one of the games is improved by a careful selection of mods.

30 mods, crpgnut, you're nut(s)! :D

sakichop, of course I'll complain if Bethesda didn't want to spend less than 1% of the money they've earned on the game to fix things! They definetly didn't need to invest more than that.

I agree 100% that Bethesda should have fixed the bugs but to not install the unofficial patches just to spite them seems silly.

It almost seems you don't want to install anything to make the game better because you want it to be bad to justify your position, I could be wrong about that but it sure seems that way.

Otherwise why snub the tons of quality content made by modders that can significantly improve a game that you seem to think is subpar?

Otherwise why snub the tons of quality content made by modders that can significantly improve a game that you seem to think is subpar?
See… For movies and stuff I use imdb, rottentomatoes, wiki etc.
For Skyrim mods I really don't have something like that to hint me "this mod is crap", "this mod is a must have".
If modders did improve something more than contents of SkyUI which is definetly an awsome mod, it makes those modders awsome - the game is and will however still remain as you described just because Bethesda's politics: subpar.

Wait Joxer is playing Skyrim it's the end of the world everyone. O_O

end-of-the-world.jpg

Anyway Joxer take a look at the nexus top 100 those are usually the best mods to use. I can recommend many but it all depends on your taste. I have over 100 mods installed, and can't play the game without any of them.:)

See… For movies and stuff I use imdb, rottentomatoes, wiki etc.
For Skyrim mods I really don't have something like that to hint me "this mod is crap", "this mod is a must have".
If modders did improve something more than contents of SkyUI which is definetly an awsome mod, it makes those modders awsome - the game is and will however still remain as you described just because Bethesda's politics: subpar.

Well, as Couch mentioned there is the top 100 list, also endorsements act as a ratings system and there are several recommendations in these very forums from your fellow Watchers.

I won't try and change your mind though as it seems you have it pretty well made up.

I, like Couch though play with over 100 mods, many of which I find indispensable and it greatly improves the quality of the game in my opinion.

Guys I know you just want to help, but cmon. I'm pretty sure NoRespawn or SlowRespawn mods are not in Nexus top100.

I got what I wanted. Removed grinding and improved functionality of UI. Can't think of anything else that I would really love to see changed/improved apart from the official patch that's never coming.

Most of stuff I've noticed on Steam Workshop are attempts to make some eyecandy additions, but I'm not into it as IMO the game looks good already and I'm not playing it by on a 5x5m wall. Honestly I don't need those, I don't play games strictly for visuals (although nice looking things in a game is always a plus). So let's see #2 mod on Nexus is ENB. I don't want that. Sorry. Then some Selene mod, then a few places after another with armors variety… Get lost, I don't want to play Diablo for loot. Converted hair from Sims2 is #12 mod? For god's sakes…

Guys, honestly. I can understand you, but can you understand me?

EDIT:
Just thought of one more thing I want. Is there a mod that tells Lydia not to block doors/passages?

Yes, grab her tits ;) Stand real close to her and she backs away now. There is a mod called Move it Dammit: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/4020/? that makes her move away from you quickly anytime you get close. You can also sprint at her, by pressing the Alt key and she'll bounce away from the door. That's the un-modded way to do it. I always thought Move it Dammit should be called Bad Breath Dovahkin.

Some simple mods that I like:

The unofficial patches - Not about adding new content, just fixing bugs in what is there.

Frostfall - Makes the fact that there is snow everywhere something you actually have to worry about. Exposure & Clothing choice becomes a mechanic.

Realistic Needs & Diseases - Eat, Drink, Sleep & Die from pneumonia.

Live another life - Multiple beginnings to the game. The cart ride was cool the first time. Now, not so much...

Populated cities & towns - Adds more peeps.

Inconsequential NPCs - Adds even more peeps.

Immersive Patrols - Adds more even more peeps.

And a not so simple mod:
Skyrim Redone - Tweaks everything a bit. Much more satisfying to play as a spellcaster than vanilla. Actually more satisfying to play as anything...

Mods are always going to be a taste/preference thing. You may not like the three NPC adder mods for example. The towns just feel a little barren to me.

Anyway Joxer take a look at the nexus top 100 those are usually the best mods to use. I can recommend many but it all depends on your taste. I have over 100 mods installed, and can't play the game without any of them.:)

^this, so much. It works for finding good mods for FO3 and F:NV, as well.

Back
Top Bottom