Arcania - Review Flood #2

I stopped reading them after the scandal a few years ago.

Something about an editor getting fired for a negative review, right? I forget which game it was.

I remember when they took down their initial review for Alpha Protocol, and didn't put it back up until about a week later. Coincidently, their site was also doing a lot of advertising for AP at the time.

All of the sites that are quoted here are far too positive and many are clearly incompetent. Of the bunch, gamespot seems to be less positive than most, except for any games that they have been hyping. Then all bets are off...

Ah, the Kane & Lynch - Jeff Gerstmann incident. Well I can't remember when I've last visited Gamespot, but I regularly visit Giant Bomb, infact I'm just now listening to the Giant Bombcast. It's good to see Jeff doing well.

I stopped visiting Gamespot after the Gerstmann incident, and I stopped visiting Eurogamer after the Risen review. I stopped visiting 1Up after reading my first couple of reviews there.

Kay

I stopped visiting Gamespot after the Gerstmann incident, and I stopped visiting Eurogamer after the Risen review. I stopped visiting 1Up after reading my first couple of reviews there.

Kay

Exactly that. Gamespot cannot be trusted since then, Eurogamer has become unreliable (which is a shame, they used to be good) and 1Up is simply rubbish.

yeah, yeah, a lot of the current console generation has literally been gaming since an early age . . .

Not just "The current console generation" I've been gaming for about 27 or 28 years I'm 34. Started with Pong then Intellivision working my way up to Commodore 64 to then the PC.

But got to agree with you on one point. What the heck has he been playing for 20 years?

As for Gamespot it's a joke. Whoever throws them the most money wins.

Rampant Coyote has a blog entry about this very subject.

Last edited:
Gamespot has good walkthroughs, however. I look there every now and then, but I clearly prefer GameBanshee for that. ;)

I stopped visiting Eurogamer after the Risen review
Same here.Therefore I was kind of surprised with them rating a game like ArcaniA badly.

Back
Top Bottom