The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Alrik, we were doing all of Korthos on Elite at level 2. :) We've also done nearly all of the Harbour including Baudry on Elite at level 3. Could I suggest you consider starting a second char as well; you'll find it will level faster now that you know the game better.

Hm, I'm not sure ... Yes, I'd like to play a second character one day, but I'm unsure which one.

I'd like to play a mage of some sorts one day, but my problem is, that I've *never* played magicians in RPGs in the last 10 years ... My Elementarist in Drakensang 2 was my very first real attempt at that ... So I fear that I might perhaps fail completely, because I haveo idea what I must keep in mind when outfitting my character ...

A bard would also be nice, but I fear that this would be rather demanding, too ...

Folks, since several of us have created new toons recently (or rebuilt existing ones), don't forget to update your rosters over in MMO, please.

Well ... I've seen the Festivult Jester yesterday. He was in the Kundarak enclave, and was already surrounded by several other heroes.

My most bizarre incident/experience was that of being followed and ask by another character - there was someone named "Lollypops", who was a ranger, too, female, levl 3, member of a guild which had something with "Nibiru" in its name, the character looked indeed cute (quite living up to its name) - as a character, and kind of followed me and asked me for an invite into a group, or forming one.

I simply did not know how to react.

First, I was embarassed, second, it felt ... "alien" to me to be interacting with the avatar of another person who is living somewhere on this world and I know nothing about this person, and ... I jut felt totally baffled about what to do. Especially with this name. I felt uneasy. Feeling embarassed, I declined on an invitation. After that, this person seemed to disappear.

This is so alien to me. To interact vitually with other characters - apart from doing a quest.

My warforged paladin is now level 5 and my dwarf cleric is also level 5. They completed on elite all level 2 quests in the harbor and the level 2 ones in the marketplace. In addition they did the catacombs in the marketplace (level 3).

I will not play them on next Friday and the Friday after so you will catch my toons. If I get behind I can play something next week to catch up.

So it would be nice if you also complete the quests I mentioned above in the sessions I won't participate in. My pally also did Irestone Inlet on elite.

Sorry I missed you, Peter. Was afk when you sent your tell and got back just in time to see you log off.

Any of you folks play NWN2 perchance?

We played both NWN 1&2 for over 5 years together until we'd exhausted all the group mods. Just at that time, DDO went F2P so we switched to that and have been enjoying it ever since.

I did the quest "The Bounty Hunter" today.

Ugh. I think it was

5 deaths minumum
10 times minumim where my character was lying on the floor, being knocked off
lots of arrows used
used up 1 staff of the heakling of minor wounds ...

I assume I should have been much, much more careful.

The quest was level 6, and I did it on "normal", and m character is level 6 right now as well.
And still - this was by far the hardest quest - apart from Misery's Peak in my earliest levels, or The Collaborateur (high number of deaths as well).

In the end I think I had -80 % of experience points because of the many deaths in it.

The the character's own "bounty" at the end of the quest I took a two-handed axe of "true chaos". Since my character is chaotic good (I almost always use this alignment, and I also believe that it reflects my own, real-life "alignment" in parts as well ;) ) , he is able to use it. I like these tiny red flames around its blades. ;)

As a level 6 ranger, you could run without a hireling if you're extremely careful and pick up some cure moderate wands, but realistically you should have a pocket healer for every quest unless you're in a group that offers a real-life healer. There are a couple tricky spots in Bounty Hunter, though.

Did you take a cleric hireling with you?

No. My fault.

@dte : Some quests are definitively easier to do than others. For example the 4 exploration quests under the Denaith enclave. I did them on level 4 and alone and on easy (the quests are level 5-4). There are only a few encounters there. Which are hard, but manageable.

Quests with lots of enemies are definitively harder to accomplish.

The problem is that one cannot foresee if a hireling is needed or not. And because of that, I often o quests on easy first.

By the way : I had put a few scrolls and staffs into the Guild Chest as well. Take what you need. The "False Life" staff for example is something I just cannot use because of the UMD.

I took a staff of detecting hidden walls from the chest.

Wht I've been keeping so far is a scroll of "summoning/conjuring bolts" http://ddowiki.com/page/Conjure_Bolts , but I cannot use it, because I still have a chance of 0 percent of succeeding in its use. I don't know whether I need a talent or that (I have seen in the abilities or feats tree that there is one), or whether I have too low UMD.

Last edited:
There's no penalty for taking a hireling and there's no reward for running without one. Your standard approach should always be to take a hireling (in your case, a healer) unless you're running with other players. Trust me, I learned the hard way, too.

I think I have a better understanding of how you must feel when some of us ask you about TDE. ;)

Yeah, that's it. ;)

I still don't exactly know which creatures fall under the category of "monstrous humanoids", or example.
But I guess that the Wiki might be ble to tell it to me.

Same goes for weapons of a "lesser reptilian bane" - which creatures actually fall under this category ? I guess trogs and kobolds - but I'm not sure right now.

Don't feel bad--I've been playing DDO for almost 2 years now and I still don't know for certain what creatures are what type. Kinda bad with a ranger, too, since it helps when picking out favored enemies. I believe you can find a list of what critters are what on DDOWiki under the ranger section.

Back
Top Bottom