Gothic 3 Gothic 3 Fix

Zefmh1

Traveler
O.K. Here goes. I am not certain if this is the cure-all for all that ails Gothic 3, but this worked for me. I noticed that I had no problems playing the DEMO...But when I bought and install the Full Game, it was literally unplayable. I decided to use the INI file from the DEMO and BINGO!!!!!. Hope this saves PB a ton of money because of the great work on G1 and G2. Let me know what your experience is with this FIX..at least for me. Cheers

We probably need our resident tech expert Hidden X to compare the two and see what's been changed!!

Hey this could be a nice find, thanks for the tip. :)
I might have to download the demo now or maybe we can get someone to post it on File Front/Shack. :)

The demo ge3.ini is identical to the original Gothic 3 full version ge3.ini (all errors inclusive)

I have the German CE, NA full version and demo. Demo runs the best with a bit of ini. mod for 1gig memory. NA seems to have more graphic errors.... Thorus without his head, some slaves without their bodies. Finally, I notice some broken quests.

O.K. IF you have problems with stuttering and drop framerates whenever the health bar or text is placed on the screen, do the following. Go to your gothic 3 folder and remove the Font file....Then open your windows/font, folder and select a different font. The font use by Gothic is about 600k, select anyone from windows that is smaller in size. Try the Georgia Font. Please post your experience here. Hope that helps

I had one funny bug at the Ortegas cave, NPC follower disappeared inside the cave wall, however starting it all over from the previous save game and it didn't happend again. I think it's the same reason why there is one shydeer missing at the moment :)

Back
Top Bottom