Nights & Candles - Released on Steam

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The Legend of Candlewind: Nights & Candles a dungeon crawler game that I mentioned last year has finally been released on Steam, and is 20% off till February 19th.

Candlewind is a small and peaceful town where everyone lives in harmony. At least, that's what it used to be. The forces of darkness have come to stay. Deep in the depths of the earth, a dark power is rearing its ugly head. The villagers are blissfully unaware — for the moment. You alone can prevent the destruction of Candlewind. Ride into battle with your warriors, explore dark dungeons, discover legendary treasures, and protect Candlewind from the danger it knows nothing of.

The Legend of Candlewind: Nights & Candles returns to the traditions of old role-playing legends. Go up against the forces of evil in hand-drawn dungeons, step by step. Following in the footsteps of classic dungeon crawlers, players will take part in turn-based battles that will put their skills to the ultimate test. Only true role-playing gamers will have any chance of survival!
More information.

Nah. Eight dollars for a game that lasts less than two hours? No thanks :)

I can buy a sandwich for $15, and it last less than two hours.:p

Still yes I don't recommend you buy this game now, and wait for a cheaper sale.

Your lamps burn down in real time, in a turn based game? Premade party with no customization whatsoever, including when you level? No thank you, sir.

Interesting I read not only the reviews, but the forums. The game got Greenlit and the publisher let the developer finish the game with his own funds. The game is about 2 hours long and the publisher is asking for any gameplay suggestions, that might be added. If they wanted to go early access they should have. The people who bought this game sound like me, namely fans of Wizardry and Might and Magic. I don't mind a premade party you can customize. I don't even mind short games. But I'm not going to buy this one when I can play through Might and Magic X or 8 a second time, or finally finish Wizardry 7.
By the way this game has been on my radar a long time. It was originally funded by UIG, the publisher of the remake or The Blade of Destiny and was due out in 2013. They must have dropped it. Its been on Greenlight forever. Why the developer released this game in its current state is beyond me. Desperation for cash must have been more important than hoping to have a future in game design.

I can buy a sandwich for $15, and it last less than two hours.:p

Still yes I don't recommend you buy this game now, and wait for a cheaper sale.

boy where do you eat sandwiches? I'm all for 5 ... 5... 5 dollar footloooong! ("Subway, eat fresh!")

boy where do you eat sandwiches? I'm all for 5 … 5… 5 dollar footloooong! ("Subway, eat fresh!")
Expensive Deli sandwiches as you have to pay for good quality, and Subway cost $6 in my area now. I haven't had one for $5 for a few years unless you want half a sub.

Pastrami-sandwich-at-Katzs-Deli.jpg

Isn't that a glorious sandwich.:drool:

Last edited:
The player characters are all the same guy with different lengths of hair. The bad reviews seem justified at this point. OTOH, I did like the music. But right now, this looks at best like a bundle game.

This was another one I thought was vaporware. It just completely disappeared.

But yeah. I think I'll pass.

Wish I could afford $15 Deli sandwiches. Why do you need money again? :biggrin:

One can never have enough money, and I was Joking.;) I'm lucky to eat that delicious sandwich once, or twice a year. Like Wolfing I mostly eat at Subway, or Mr Submarine.
This was another one I thought was vaporware. It just completely disappeared. But yeah. I think I'll pass.
I agree Aubrielle as I remember reading the the developer had a few problems.

Back
Top Bottom