Bedlam - A Post-Apocalyptic Roguelike RPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Bedlam is a new game on kickstarter that went live from Skyshine Game. The developer is asking for $130,000 in thirty days to get funded. Here is the pitch video.

A post-apocalyptic roguelike RPG featuring our unique blitz battle system - Inspired by great games like The Banner Saga, FTL and XCOM

The player is cast as the mysterious Mechanic, the last known member of a once-thriving guild of brilliant inventors, intrepid travelers and operators of the rolling fortresses called Dozers.

As the Mechanic, you are in charge of commanding your crew in battles, managing your resources, improving your Dozer, interacting with various characters, and protecting your passengers while navigating through the post-apocalyptic wasteland known as Bedlam.

Remember – One chance and one crew to make it through!
More information.

Looks interesting, although I would probably prefer a grittier graphics style. It is also difficult to tell much about the combat from the video, and that would make or break the game for me.

The project is also using the Banner Saga engine, and it has my interest now.
BEDLAM is a strategic single-player roguelike role-playing game, created for the PC and Mac utilizing 'The Banner Saga' engine.
I hope the asking amount isn't to high for a developers first project. I've seen many crowd-funding games fail because the asking price to get funded is to high.:anxious:

I almost didn't follow the link due to a 'No! Not another post-apocalyptic game' knee-jerk reaction, but I'm glad I did. I like the art style and it looks like it's going to be light rather than the usual grim dark, so that might work for them. Plus, it's turn-based.

that looks great actually...

Hmmm.... a minimum of gameplay shown, REALLY high target and stretch goals for a 2D game.
Don't really know what to think of it.

Well to me it looks and plays just like The Banner Saga. If you enjoyed that game you might end-up enjoying this one. Even the battles look the same.

I'm basing this judgment on the few images, and short battle game play.

Music, art, and world design looks suspiciously like Borderlands 1, which... makes it all the more appealing to me!

Well banner saga was great; but it wasn't just the combat that made it a great game; the over all story. I woudl think the story aspect of this game would be a bit weaker since it is procedural generated....

Back
Top Bottom