Skyrim Livestreams

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
In that case is a day 12 for me (Amazon UK Super Saver Delivery)...
I guess enough time for at least one major patch :)

What worries me is the setting. I don't mind the whole far North/Nords/ice & snow thing, but I don't know if I like it enough for 100+ hour game. So far everything I've seen looks very similar in terms of landscape and architecture. Hopefully there's a lot more variety than what I've seen.

This is my main worry about the game right now as well. I don't want to spend 100hours+ watching the same landscape etc.

CountChocula, you seems to well versed in Skyrim, so got any details as to different types of landscape, architecture, dungeons in game?

This is my main worry about the game right now as well. I don't want to spend 100hours+ watching the same landscape etc.

CountChocula, you seems to well versed in Skyrim, so got any details as to different types of landscape, architecture, dungeons in game?

Yes the reason why a lot of the terrain looked similar in those livestreams is because the world is huge and it takes a long time to get to the other areas, especially if you are encountering stuff along the way.

Terrain types:
Pine Forest
Canyons
Autumnal Forest
Grassy Tundra
Mountain
Volcanic Tundra
Glacier/Ice Fields

Dungeon Types:
Mines
Caves
Imperial Fort
Nordic Tombs
Dwemer Ruins
Ice Caves
Underwater Caves

Also, as you may have heard, Oblivion had only one guy working part time to design all 180 dungeons (he was also responsible for all the poor areas for each of the towns). Skyrim on the other hand had a team of eight people working full time for years on handcrafting the dungeons.

Confirmed Lesser Factions:
Thalmor
Battle-Born
Shield-Brothers
Vigilants of Stendarr
Bard's College of Solitude
Riverwood Tavern Warrior Clan
East Empire Trading Company

East Empire Trading Company, hehehehe.

There is probably an Eight Divine cult minor-faction too (Vigilants of Stendarr being a sub-group). I read something about Arkay's Knights of the Circle being in the game too (might have been a rumor).

There is also probably a Talos cult again. Shor/Lorkhan/Shezarr/Talos being a big "Nord hero".
Also, Talos was booted from the Nine Divine, probably because of the Thalmor influence. I so knew that the new Empire was gonna fall to the Dominion once again.

I also read rumors about the Camonna Tong being in the game...

If Companions vs. Fighter's Guild is any indication, the guild-type factions in Skyrim are a lot more rewarding to join than the guilds in Oblivion and Morrowind, with much more interesting NPCs, engaging quest lines and more life-like initiation process. The Companions members feel like they have more soul to them. It's not a generic employment office like the Fighter's Guild.

The latest one has been pulled as well.

So looks like all those livestream are recorded from the pirated xbox360 version...

Seem beautiful and so on, but what for me will be interesting is how much changed the game in terms of rpg compared to previous titles, since a few days ago on the spanish tv gaming program, Skyrim was in top ten 10 Action games among the titles of bf3 and cod.

In that case is a day 12 for me (Amazon UK Super Saver Delivery)…
I guess enough time for at least one major patch :)

I've ordered from Amazon UK to, but gone for first class delivery, for an extra quid or two I "should" get it on release day, fingers crossed! ;)

Daniel.

Here is a livesteam from GameTrailers. And as expected, they're playing on the 360. Kinda an odd title for their stream ~ "HourOne" yet they started with a saved game 10 hrs in…LOL!

http://www.gametrailers.com/hour-one/elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/

I clicked your link and the first thing I see is a random guard telling the PC as he walks by..."You got me thinking, maybe I'M the Dragonborn and I just don't know it yet." :biggrin:

Doh, the stream is dead, but no matter cause whomever was playing was really bad, and was hard to watch. And I don't mean based on the difficulty of Adept chosen, but rather they rushed through and past tons of content, didn't search any of the areas and made some rather odd choices...ah well to each their own!

I missed the live stream, but their little video review wasn't too bad. Showed a few new things. The textures don't look too good up close, which they comment on, but I guess we knew that.

Thanks for the link.

Actually thought Gametrailers review was the worst. They didn't really review anything, but rather seemed to complain about all the minor bugs and issues that all Bethesda games have had.

Its like good grief, any RPG gamer knows these issues and would overlook them cause they're not gamebreaking.

Actually thought Gametrailers review was the worst. They didn't really review anything, but rather seemed to complain about all the minor bugs and issues that all Bethesda games have had..

I guess I didn't really listen to what they were saying just watched the video. I think they were complaining about putting a pot on someone's head or something. I can't really think of a review site I would trust these days.

Back
Top Bottom