What games are you playing now?

After talk on another thread, I'm almost finished a third run through the original System Shock. The game is still brilliant despite the now clunky graphics. It was just SO far ahead of its time- imagine being able to crouch an lean around corners while wearing headgear which allowed you to see behind you, and jump boots which allowed you to 'levitate' or fly for short distances, all in 1st person 3D. Pity Looking Glass died; they made some of the greatest games ever- UU anyone!!

Would you believe I'm still playing Plants Versus Zombies? What a great little game.

I'm still playing Plants vs. Zombies as well, alongside Drakensang. I did a bad thing earlier, and put PVZ on my girlfriends' computer. She doesn't even play computer games, and I haven't been able to pry her away from her computer all day.

Would you believe I'm still playing Plants Versus Zombies? What a great little game.

Yes, I would. ;)

I found the demo *extremely* addictive ! ;)

I'm still playing Plants vs. Zombies as well, alongside Drakensang. I did a bad thing earlier, and put PVZ on my girlfriends' computer. She doesn't even play computer games, and I haven't been able to pry her away from her computer all day.

LOL ! :D

Just found out that the new Gemcraft: Chapter 0 is out. Been playing for about three hours now... :)

After talk on another thread, I'm almost finished a third run through the original System Shock. The game is still brilliant despite the now clunky graphics. It was just SO far ahead of its time- imagine being able to crouch an lean around corners while wearing headgear which allowed you to see behind you, and jump boots which allowed you to 'levitate' or fly for short distances, all in 1st person 3D. Pity Looking Glass died; they made some of the greatest games ever- UU anyone!!

Gonna go through SS1 and SS2 pretty soon myself. I've got them both tweaked and ready to go on my system right now. I might play them after my current run of Fallout 1, 2, &3.

I just delivered the Water Chip to Vault 13, now the fun really begins. :)

Gonna go through SS1 and SS2 pretty soon myself. I've got them both tweaked and ready to go on my system right now. I might play them after my current run of Fallout 1, 2, &3.

I just delivered the Water Chip to Vault 13, now the fun really begins. :)

Regarding System Shock 2, how did you get that running? I want to play through that again, but I just can't get it running on my relatively modern Windows XP system pack 2 computer. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I've tried to get that working about 2 or 3 times now, and just gave up.

My favorite combination is the 'Threepeater' pea shooter with a row of 'Torchwood' in front of them. Those zombies go down so fast, it's almost hard to get the coins they drop before they disappear.

Regarding System Shock 2, how did you get that running? I want to play through that again, but I just can't get it running on my relatively modern Windows XP system pack 2 computer. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I've tried to get that working about 2 or 3 times now, and just gave up.

You might have to do some additional tweaking, but this patch is what you need.

http://www.moddb.com/downloads/system-shock-2-winxp2000-fix

I'm also running WinXP SP2 btw.

*Edit*
Also, you may have to assign just 1 CPU core to SS2 if you have a dual-core CPU, it doesn't like dual-core CPUs apparently. To do that...

Launch the game, and before starting a the game (while in the menu) hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and select "Task Manager". In "Applications" select System Shock 2, right click on it and select "Goto Process", right click on the process and select "Set Affinity". Here you are able to set whatever CPUs you want to the System Shock 2 Process. Select only a single CPU to run the process, and apply the new settings. Return to System Shock 2 and play the game.

TTLG forums contains a lot of great tips about running the System Shock games.

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78

Last edited:
My favorite combination is the 'Threepeater' pea shooter with a row of 'Torchwood' in front of them. Those zombies go down so fast, it's almost hard to get the coins they drop before they disappear.
I did that in one of the survival games. Great fun, just as you say. I've been using cattails all over the place. You get 6-8 of those in the pool and you can practically leave the rest of the board blank. I'm on a mission to complete this game. I'm close, but I can't get thru the bobsled mission to save my life.

I did that in one of the survival games. Great fun, just as you say. I've been using cattails all over the place. You get 6-8 of those in the pool and you can practically leave the rest of the board blank. I'm on a mission to complete this game. I'm close, but I can't get thru the bobsled mission to save my life.

I just bought Cattails for the first time; WOW. I didn't fully understand that their fire would 'seek' out targets. Excellent purchase.

I own everything Crazy Dave sells except the 10th seed spot, a hefty purchase at $80,000. I've managed 9 flags in my remaining survivals (night-hard and fog-hard); I've still got that damn bobsled minigame; I haven't attempted the Revenge of Dr. Zomboss minigame yet. I've been putting a lot of hours into it, though.

I saved up for the $80,000 to get the extra slot from Crazy Dave, because I was having a rough time getting the 'Threepeaters' and 'Torchwoods' together on certain levels. But it paid off, because now I can use 'Cattails' as well. That $80,000 was a pretty good investment, IMO. Constant tending of the 'Zen Garden' helped raise the funds, though.

I needed to stop thinking about my exam, which is tommorow, so yesterday I finally started Dark Messiah (of ) Might and Magic, and I'm somewhere in the second half of the game today.

Playing a mage on Hard difficulty. I keep dying every now and then, and actually have to think! Woo-hoo!

The experience is quite enjoyable so far, and yeah, I can already tell the game is too short. This may actually be a new record in my known gaming history.

I did a discussion review with the editor at VGBlogger for Plants vs. Zombies ... love that game, will definitely stay installed on Mac & PC for quite some time ...

The web page of German magazine "PC Games" says that this game is a "Warcraft 3 mod". What the BEEP was the author thinking when writing that down ???

It's in the headline here : http://www.pcgames.de/aid,684654/Plants-vs-Zombies-Review-des-Tower-of-Defense-mit-Zombies/PC/Test/
(There might appear an annoying advertisement, by the way.)

Still playing Fallout 1 for the moment, I'll probably be finished within the next few days, but I don't know if I'm gonna start my replay of FO2 immediately after.

Leaving for Maui next Tuesday for two weeks, so I'm going to be taking a break from gaming for a while. :biggrin:

totally re-hooked on Hidden & Dangerous. Great (albeit a bit wonderfully clunky!) WWII squad-based tactics game from 1999. Best thing is, the game download came w/ the expansion too so I can play thru new content. And i picked up H&D II for a few bucks the other day, eager to see how it compares.

Full H&D Deluxe game is up for free download btw

also working my way out of the first dungeon of Baldur's Gate II. Imoen is part mage? I just noticed that woah

Right now I have 4 'open' games (usually I only play 2 at a time). In my PC it's NWN2 Storm of Zehir, great game great game (did I mention I like it?) and Elven Legacy (good game but seems rather short)
In my PS3 I'm playing Valkyria Chronicles (another great game, great game, did I mention I like it?) and Cross Edge. This one is particularly difficult and fairly complex (specially since I'm renting it from Gamefly so I don't have the manual). It's like they combined the features of like 5 different games. It's good enough.
I should finish Storm of Zehir this week, then I'll explore the online permanent worlds and what not, never played NWN2 online.

Back
Top Bottom