Sword Coast Legends - New Twitch Stream

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
N-Space announced on Twitter they will be hosting a new Twitch Stream later this week for Sword Coast Legends, and it's your chance to see more gameplay footage.

Here are the details.

CAUuebwUUAA37Hc.jpg

Join us on Thursday 3/19 at 3:00pm EST on Twitch for a look at some player campaign footage ! http://bit.ly/SCLTWITCH
More information.

This was just terrible. I am so disappointed now. Did you notice how the game basically plays itself?!

Thanks for the link!

I like what I saw so far:
  • companions that feel alive, fully voiced and wih banter
  • a town that feels authentic and alive (that's how it's done, Larian!)
  • quite "serious" art style (I'm looking at you again, Larian)
Echo effect was a little over the top in the sewers and I'm really missing a combat log!

Well I liked what I watched in the stream earlier, and will make a news-bit later. I also agree with everything you said Morrandir as it reminds me of Divinity: Original Sin.

I'm starting to think N-Space is using Larian's game engine.:thinking:

Thanks for the link!

I like what I saw so far:
  • companions that feel alive, fully voiced and wih banter
  • a town that feels authentic and alive (that's how it's done, Larian!)
  • quite "serious" art style (I'm looking at you again, Larian)
Echo effect was a little over the top in the sewers and I'm really missing a combat log!
You don't need a combat log in combat when you don't even need to play it. AI seem to kill everyone with almost zero player input. Or any danger of losing.

That may be due to the fact that easiest difficulty is used. Afaik a common practice in demo streams like this.

dwarven accent *on*
Sure!
dwarven accent *off*

It's look both quite like DAO (which is good) and awful (I don't like the UI and the VO/text is very cliché too) at the same time. In other word, I'm getting conflicting signals here.

Gameplay looks pretty good, similar to NWN/2 and IE games! And there appears to be AI and scripting. Very happy to see this. :)
Only camera and names were NWN/IE games. Not much else.

I think it looks pretty good, but the voice work is criminal.

My impressions —
the text is tiny. Why are they using such small text? Maybe I will need a magnifying glass handy while playing… Also, not a fan of the transparency during dialog scenes and inventory, would prefer a solid background with those windows.

I thought the dwarf voice was decent enough, but the young voice in the party was very amateurish, sounded like a 14 year old kid or something. Need to dump that voice pronto.

The fights did seem way too easy. As others noted, maybe it was just intended for the demo, hope so, because if the fights are that easy, the game will get boring real fast…

The graphics looked very pretty, with nice details. That said, the default camera angle is too zoomed out for my liking. Would prefer a closer angle, especially during battles. It was too hard to tell what the party members were doing during fights, the camera was too high and far away…also, the battles seemed way too fast and chaotic…if this is going to be an arcade style rpg, that would be disappointing…

The best part of the game at this point looks to be the graphics, and as said by another post, the inter party banter between the party members was excellent (despite the horrible "young voice" work and the way too tiny text) and created a good feeling of atmosphere in the game!

The other parts, like the class system and types of items seemed very traditional, which is good.

Overall impression -- needs a lot of polish, combat needs work, UI stuff like the tiny text is bad, but the game seems promising.

Last edited:
I think it has potential, apart from the abysmal voice acting. Better to not have any, really.

But the game looks good - and with some optimisation and, hopefully, quality campaigns - it might be a nice start of an NWN successor. We know we could use one :)

Back
Top Bottom