Gas Powered Games - Now on Kickstarter

aries100

SasqWatch
Gas Powered Games has announced that they to are now on Kickstarter. Their goal is to raise US dollars 1,1 millon. The game is called Wildman and is set in prehistoric setting;
it'll be a mix of the RTS and action-rpg genres. A quote that describes the game:
Imagine a game where you control a single hero-the "Wildman"-dropped into the middle of a War Zone. The battle starts. Your own army begins to engage the approaching enemy.You support your troops with your own combat abilities and skills. You shape-shift into new forms that grant you new abilities. You upgrade your armies with new technology. You construct defenses. Your opponent switches tactics; you reconfigure your army to counter. You push the enemy back to their citadel, their home base. You face your opponent's champion. You each rally your troops for support. You execute your special abilities with precision. Your opponent is devastated. You survey the battlefield: the bodies strewn on the ground, the trees burned down and smoldering, the buildings turned to rubble. You collect your rewards. You evolve. Victory is yours. For now.
More information.

Maybe the site should change its name to AnythingWatch. It's getting less and less about crpgs every year. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Why is everyone doing catroony characters? Are they easier to draw from the practical point of view or do they appeal to a wider (i.e. casual) audiance?

No thanks.

Maybe the site should change its name to AnythingWatch. It's getting less and less about crpgs every year. :biggrin:

Yes, because we as a group can agree with what is and is not an rpg.

Perhaps it's concept art? Although "Cartoon" graphics do bypass the uncanny valley problem.

I get that concept in theory but I've never had that feeling when I've played computer games. Closest I've come is with real people when a feeling has come over me that there was something seriously wrong with them. It may be an issue at some point, but we aren't there yet.

I get that concept in theory but I've never had that feeling when I've played computer games. Closest I've come is with real people when a feeling has come over me that there was something seriously wrong with them. It may be an issue at some point, but we aren't there yet.

Perhaps people experience it differently then, but I definitely have felt that effect while playing computer games since long before I knew there was a name for it. It comes across in many quasi-realistic CGI films as well.

If people don't want the "Cartoony" graphics or realistic graphics they could always go the anime/manga style root since you won't have as much of the problems that the "Cartoony" style or realistic styles run into. The only problem I see is that most of the people that make games and are not Japanese developers do a crappy job emulating the anime/manga style and it just ends up "Cartoony" instead.

Since one of the needs listed is servers, I'm assuming this is multiplayer too. That should make some here happy, though it's another nail in the coffin for me.

Pretty cool that Jeremy Soule is doing the music.

I'm not sure about this game though. I enjoyed Supreme Commander quite a bit, but I don't see a lot of things that appeal to me in Wildman. I'll reserve further judgment until I see some actual gameplay.

I thought this game looked interesting enough to consider backing. I liked the idea of the exploring and adventuring between the battles. The battles themselves having some RTS elements is appealing too.

I'm with you on the multiplayer thing cnut, hopefully its just an option as they only talked about single player in the video.

Not really. It is simply that the RPG's definition encompasses anything. In the future, almost every game is going to be a RPG.

Good finding though. When I connect it with the remark about a character acting as a proxy for an army.

Looks really that in this game, the main character acts as a proxy for an army.

RPGing is the future. No way to escape it.

I'm reminded of certain toys commercials with the announcement. I just added a few words but imagine a loud voice sounding excited speaking the lines.:)

Kids you must buy this the coolest game ever. You shape-shift into new forms that grant you new abilities. You upgrade your armies with new technology. You construct defenses. Your opponent switches tactics; you reconfigure your army to counter. You push the enemy back to their citadel, their home base. You face your opponent's champion. You each rally your troops for support. You execute your special abilities with precision. Your opponent is devastated. You survey the battlefield: the bodies strewn on the ground, the trees burned down and smoldering, the buildings turned to rubble. You collect your rewards. You evolve. Victory is yours. Buy it now.

I would rather see another Supreme Commander of have them finish Kings and Castles. Oh well at least we have Planetary Annihilation.

Yawn… Last good game these guys made was Dungeon Siege 2 - and everything since then has been weak or a retreading of old material.

This sounds really uninteresting to me.

Exactly nothing about that blurb interests me. The only thing they ever did that I liked was DS1.

Back
Top Bottom