Votes: 45 47.9%
  • I Definitely Have Doubts

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • It will Utterly Fail

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
So with one month left before the release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt I thought it time for a simple poll to ask your opinion if the the game will deliver on the hype.

I'm thinking about going dark on Witcher3 news and info. I realize I've been looking for any scrap of info on the Witcher3, and have been hyping myself up, and it's dangerous. And that's why I'm thinking about going completely dark on W3 stuff. But it's so hard. Because I'm anticipating the release so much.

But as far as how good it will do, I'm really positive about it. And hope it will do great.

I Hope It'll Be Good

And I went dark a long time ago already. I haven't really followed any of the hype. If at all, I have very quickly zapped through a couple gameplay videos by jumping to random positions in the videos and watching only for a few seconds without sound in order to avoid spoilers.
I won't be getting the game at release anyway. My target's name is Enhanced Edition. Or maybe even a later version... it depends on whether the two announced expansions will be part of the EE or still extra.
I will buy the complete version that includes all the DLC and those two expansions... whenever that will come out. 2017? Don't care. I got time. And a crazy backlog ;) .

I hope it will be good.

Has any game that was this hyped ever lived up to the hype?

Marketing is saturated with willful and manipulative deception. If you believe every word you hear during a campaign, it can't live up to the hype unless you're delusional.

But, if you have realistic expectations and an understanding about the limitations of the development process and platform hardware, it might live up to "enough" of the hype to qualify as a modern classic.

Let's hope so :)

Marketing is saturated with willful and manipulative deception. If you believe every word you hear during a campaign, it can't live up to the hype unless you're delusional.

They really have stepped it up with regards to marketing. Most of the big games sites are already drowning us in info/videos/news (IGN and Gamespot both really have a month of the witcher). And most gamers will not know to manage their expectations. And I really hope CDPR does well. This will likely dictate their future developments, in either witcher-related and cyberpunk.

They really have stepped it up with regards to marketing. Most of the big games sites are already drowning us in info/videos/news (IGN and Gamespot both really have a month of the witcher). And most gamers will not know to manage their expectations. And I really hope CDPR does well. This will likely dictate their future developments, in either witcher-related and cyberpunk.

Well, we can't know much, but my "gut-feeling" tells me it's going to be quite a big hit. Not sure it could ever do a "Skyrim" and sell 20+ million copies. I don't think such things happen for EU developers. Maybe it's the lack of level-scaling and dumb fantasy stories?

That said, I think the modding community is a big part of the success of the TES games, and that's one thing Witcher 3 won't be able to touch.

I think The Witcher 3 has to become a disappointment if you accept the perfect picture that has been painted so far. It's been depicted as somewhat of the holy grail of open-world games and that would be an absolute first-ever: an open-world that actually feels hand-crafted and lived in, is not boring or repetitive, is densely packed with content and has a strong story line in both the main quests and side quests. Add an almost mythical level of graphical quality and this release is going to rip a tear in the fabric of space-time. :)

But I won't be surprised if it'll get 90+ averages scores. CD Projekt Red has been consistently stepping up their game since the first Witcher game.

I admit, the game can still show as a spectacular visuals turd with too much of shallow and repetitive content. However:

1. The pieces of music we heard? I want that complete OST. Right now. Even more than the game itself.

2. The game contains trading card game inside it everyone is too shy to talk about. I want to try that thing and will buy an actual paper deck if it shows good. Again, I'm eager to play that even more than the game itself.

3. In the last gameplay vid we saw scenes with different quality, like some were taken on Playstation1, some on Nintendo, some on Commodore64 and ZX Spectrum, and some on a PC equipped with a pair of titans. But who cares for that? In that vid worth noticing was the store/inventory. And that inventory there, spreadsheet table with armor icons to pick from, "compatible" with both k/m, joysticks, gamepads, even touchscreens - ain't that superior solution instead of cheap horrible rotation designs in recent "consolefriendly" games?

4. There is swimming and diving in the game? After EA's "no swimming, no toddlers" philosophy in recent games, even if it's not done great, this sounds like christmas!

Voted for "think fantastic".

I hope it will be good.

I played the other two and was not disappointed by CD Red.. except for one thing... the fact that they announced the expansions before they released the game.

For me and I know for a fact for others too was something mixed.. witch it could had been great in winter or so after we played and seen the game.

Also another down thing will be performance... they have a habit to make their game unplayable at start.. :(

It will be good but it won't be fantastic. I think CDPR is going the way of Bioware and I think W3 is CDPR's equivalent of KOTOR. Their last great RPG before going downhill.

No need to be so gloomy lost. There is still Cyberpunk 2077 on the horizon and I have a feeling that it will be good as well!
I voted for "I hope it will be good".

Not sure, but it will probably be huge in terms of sales. My guess is it will be an amazing game, even if it only lives up to half of the promise they have shown...And I predict a whole bunch of patches will come after its out, and then it will be nicely polished after 6 months to a year or so.

Hehe, good pool and quite appropriate question.

Hard to give an answer.
I love both TW1&2 and hope TW3 gives a lots of great moments to remember and really be an enjoyable open world adventure, with replay value on it. I really have no high expectations from the game. Let's be with down to earth mentality, and let the game uplift us and just enjoy it. If that can be achieved. And on my part I really think I will enjoy TW3. How much? It depends. Hope CDPR brings a great immersive game. So I'm positive about it.
I think CDPR vision is great and wish they succeed big time with this one.
And wish a good time for all the players who like the game.

Just to add.
One can't certainly satisfy all,that is for sure. :)

I'm hoping it will live up to the hype, but almost sure it will not. The least of the reasons being bugs on release. But I'll probably get it right away anyway just to join the party. :boogie:

I'm interested in those 2 "It will Utterly Fail" doom mongers. Do they have arguments to support their opinions or just have negativistic child mentality?

I'm 100 % postive that it will be a good game and feel free to make fun of me if W3 is a buggy mess :D But is it going to be a fantastic game? That I can't say. witcher 1 and witcher 2 were really good games, so I keep hoping the best ofcourse. Lets end this trilogy with a bang! :)

I didn't think the first or second games were all that good. One thing I know for sure, I learned my lesson with Pillars....I'm sticking with my usual "wait for 20 patches to hit before playing" mantra.

I just listened to this guy Charles Dance's voice work for this game, it's incredible. I don't watch the Game of Thrones tv show so was not familiar with him, but watch this video if you haven't yet. This guy is superb!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuZ5YkXVEvk

Back
Top Bottom