Looking for an RPG with Huge Dungeons

No one mentioned Lands of Lore 2?

I remember some pretty huge dungeons in that one.

Of course, the old Dungeon Master clones were basically a series of big dungeons, and among the best are:

Eye of the Beholder 1-2
Anvil of Dawn
Lands of Lore
Black Crypt (personal favorite, but on the Amiga only)
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master Chaos strikes back
Dungeon Master 2
Shadow Caster (last fantastic game by Raven)
Realms of the Haunting
Captive

Many more…. :)

Say what you want but Ultima IX had some of the best dungeons i have ever seen in a game. You really had to use your head to figure out stuff; amazing puzzles..

Wizardry 8?

Only played the beginning, so I'm not sure how vast the dungeon area is...but if "feels" like it'll be quite large and rewarding ;)

Wizardry 8?

Only played the beginning, so I'm not sure how vast the dungeon area is…but if "feels" like it'll be quite large and rewarding ;)

I don't remember huge dungeons in Wizardry 8, but some very nice big outdoor areas. And other thing that I remember about Wizardry 8 is the long battles. It could easily take half an hour to end a fight, and in the end I sometimes could forget where I was. :biggrin: By the way, it has one of the greatest character development system in the RPG history I think.

No one mentioned Lands of Lore 2?

I remember some pretty huge dungeons in that one.

Of course, the old Dungeon Master clones were basically a series of big dungeons, and among the best are:

Eye of the Beholder 1-2
Anvil of Dawn
Lands of Lore
Black Crypt (personal favorite, but on the Amiga only)
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master Chaos strikes back
Dungeon Master 2
Shadow Caster (last fantastic game by Raven)
Realms of the Haunting
Captive

Many more…. :)

I played Anvil of Dawn in 2010 (secretly in my office computer :biggrin: ) Very enjoyable game and it features huge dungeons with lots of puzzles (much like Eye of the Beholder games) and gives the player a little bit freedom to where to go next.

Although not a RPG Realms Of The Haunting is one of my favourite FPS/adventure games. It's nice to see another forum member mentioned this. By the way, you can play the game hi-res in Dosbox at decent speed, so I recommend it to everyone who hasn't played it yet.

I'm curious about this Shadow Caster. I'm going to find and try it.

Say what you want but Ultima IX had some of the best dungeons i have ever seen in a game. You really had to use your head to figure out stuff; amazing puzzles..

Yeah, but you have to deal with the rest of the game to get to the dungeons! :D

Back
Top Bottom