Patching Instructions

Pingu

Traveler
Hi everybody!

I just bought Precursors on Gamersgate (at -50% price point, yay!) and while waiting for the game to download, I've been reading throught forum posts to get a grasp of what additional patching I need to do. As far as I have gathered, I need to do only this:

1. Install the Gamersgate 1.1 version of the game.
2. Dowload and install the Russian audio pack.
3. Install Wesp5's unofficial 1.3 patch.
4. Hope everything works.

Am I missing something? Or is this the right way to get the best possible Precursors experience?

Thanks in advance!

I don't think you need Wesp5's 1.3 patch now that there is an official 1.1. From what I understand his 1.3 patch was used to make 1.1. I could be wrong, but that is how I read that thread.

I installed the game (1.1) and the Russian audio pack, then the English cutscene pack, and then played the game. Seems to be working so far but I didn't play far.

I don't think you need the English cutscene pack either since it's part of Wep5's 1.3 which should now be part of 1.1

seems to be working for me but someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Oh, so this is easier than I thought! :) Just the Russian audio pack, then.

Thanks a bunch, everyone!

Last edited:
I have the original russian yuPlay version of the game, that only contains russian voiceovers.

I just installed the 1.3 translation patch from February. Should I be using the new 1.1 patch? Is it compatible with the original Russian game? I'd like to keep the Russian voices with English subtitles as well, just as the previous translation patches have done... is that possible?

Should I be using the new 1.1 patch? Is it compatible with the original Russian game?

You should, because it provides engine improvements which are not included in the Unofficial Patch. I don't know how the YU version handles the copy protection of 1.1, but if it fails there are other ways out there to get it running ;).

I just want to confirm this, because there seems to be a couple of conflicting threads.

I have bought the GG 1.1 version, downloaded and installed it. To get the sound working properly (While adding the Russian voice-overs during gameplay, but retaining the English voice overs in the cutscenes) all I have to do is download the Russian audio pack?

To get the sound working properly (While adding the Russian voice-overs during gameplay, but retaining the English voice overs in the cutscenes) all I have to do is download the Russian audio pack?

Yes, but this will change the cutscene voices back to Russian. An easy fix is to install the Unofficial Patch on top of it afterwards, otherwise you would need to make backups of the English sound files first!

Back
Top Bottom