The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Thanks for the assist, Wulf.

I'm enjoying another Ether Aura track tonight. It helps if you happen to have heard the original by Curve--emphasizes the unique take on a gazer classic. If not, you just have to appreciate it for what it is, I guess. ;)

"I Speak Your Every Word" by Ether Aura

Kind of a theme going for me here. Ether Aura put up two tracks from their upcoming release. Good stuff, and probably a little more accessible for you heathen non-shoegazers. "Your Favorite Song" is firmly entrenched in my brain today. The link from my last post will still apply.

Of 'gazers: This sucks. Carla Azar's godawful timing drives me nuts. Just gnaws at me from beginning to end. Why can't I stop listening to it?

I never really thought using a fuzz-bass automatically put you in the gazer camp, although Autolux is certainly lumped in with the scene. I guess I just don't enjoy the noisy end of the shoegaze spectrum as much as the dreamy end.

For me:
"Threnody" by The Daysleepers

@ Jaz and Sammy:
Stumbled on some goth-folk stuff that might appeal here. There's a sampler link after the track list. Not really my speed, but thought I'd point it out.

Dylan

"Blonde on blonde" and essential Bob Dylan have been playing on my stereos a lot lately.

Gawdawful beautiful vocals here. Just bought the EP, so I did. Reminds me a lot of the Sundays.

"Invitation"by The High Violets

Take a Breath - David Gilmour

Not bad, actually. My dad bought himself "On An Island" lately, so I'll get the opportunity to listen to the whole album.

Listening to some Satch caused me to dig out an old CD I'd not listened to in years ...

Bix Beiderbecke - Singin' the Blues

Some really cool stuff that transcends time on this definitive recording (mixed, of course, with some stuff that defines it as 20's music)

Ah, but the clouds are fluffy and warm and oh-so-comfortable and they beckon with an inescapable "come hither" call. Bask in the bed of sound, all ye misguided masses. Can I get an amen? Yeaaa-yezzzah!

No clip today, I'm afraid. Their other stuff (such as their MySpace offerings) doesn't really represent the straight-forward Brit-pop foundation of this one, although you can sense that the singer could be a stand-in for Morrissey.

"Believeable" by Mighty Six Ninety

Got my care package from toneVendor the other day, so I've been spinning High Violets and Daysleepers quite a bit. I'd say the song that's sticking with me most today would be:
"Cloudless" by The Daysleepers

One Hand Away by Ether Aura is pretty good I think. It is new from their upcoming album.

It is new from their upcoming album.
21 days and counting until my pre-order (complete with extra goodies!) ships! :)

cm, make sure you check out Tearwave and Autumn's Grey Solace when you get a chance. Should fit in nicely with your Claire Voyant collection.

You know me well Oh Gazemaster. Tearwave isn't available yet but I love Lotus Flower. Let me know if you see it available before I do. I put my order in for Autum's Grey already.

Edith Says: Melinda is up there too for that matter.

IIRC, Tearwave is coming out February 27th. I know they finished recording a couple weeks ago, so it's just got mixing and duplicating to go.

You'll actually have the new AGS before me. Since Tearwave is being released by Projekt Records, I decided to hold off until I could buy both discs straight from the label (Sam and crew are nearly as nice and every bit as reliable as toneVendor). Gotta save $0.25 on postage, doncha know...

*sighs*

I will tell you what I'm currently listening to but you have to promise NOT to call me a Drag Queen! :D

The Phantom Of The Opera soundtrack.

*ducks*

The other quick grabs at my station are:

Andrea Bocelli - Nessun Dorma and Sogno
Disturbed - The Sickness, Ten Thousand Fists
Korn - Greatsest Hits
Nickelback - Someday
Hoobastank - The Reason
Phil Collins - You'll Be In My Heart

The last three are particular songs for particular reasons. :)

Ok, so I don't have the most up to date tastes, but I enjoy my eclecticedededededdedness. :D It's part of my charm. *bats eyelashes*

Loves ~T

Nothing wrong with that, T. There's some serious pipe organ playin' going on there. I used to attempt the "intro" regularly back in the day, and even managed to do it right once or twice. They had two "dueling" organs on Broadway, so it wasn't even a fair contest but I did my best.

And to insult ya, we'd probably call you a prom queen rather than a drag queen. Drag queens are more intelligent and get far more respect. ;)

Hey T! I have two different cd sets of Phatom. Someone gave me a knockoff version. lol Glad to see you and I will gladly subject Dte to the Pitch Fork of Flame if you want for his last comment. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom