Might & Magic X - Difficulty Vote Results

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The results of the difficulty vote for the Early Access version of Might & Magic X are now posted on the games development blog. Here are the results.

The majority of voters (57%) seems to be pleased with the difficulty level of the Early Access Version of MMX. However, more than 31 % say that even the Warrior Level is too easy. On the other hand, 12 % think that even the Adventurer level is too hard. Thanks to all who voiced their opinion, we'll take it into account!
More information.

I wonder if the polling took into account various parameters such as the age and RPG background of the voters ? Between a twelve years old beginner and a fifty years old seasoned RPG gamer, the perception of theses difficulty levels should vary quite a bit… :)

I think I might have been better at this stuff when I was a kid. :p

I wasn't very good at RPG's when I was a kid because I tended to never use any consumables. I guess I always wanted to save them for later (possibly retirement).

I wasn't very good at RPG's when I was a kid because I tended to never use any consumables. I guess I always wanted to save them for later (possibly retirement).

I was like that when I played my first RPGs 30 years ago, and I'm still like that. Usually I think I'll use them for the boss fights or the final fight, but then I either don't need them, or forget I have them when the time comes.

I only use potions if I absolutely need them and don't like to squander them. When it is an enhancement I only use those on the most difficult enemies and if I can't beat non-boss enemies without using enhancement potions I do other things to improve my characters so that I can. The problem with using potions all of the time is that you will run out quickly and then you will have to buy more or get them other ways and it would be a big waste of time and.or money and you have the risk of going bankrupt and potentially getting stuck in the game.

I only use potions if I absolutely need them and don't like to squander them. When it is an enhancement I only use those on the most difficult enemies and if I can't beat non-boss enemies without using enhancement potions I do other things to improve my characters so that I can. The problem with using potions all of the time is that you will run out quickly and then you will have to buy more or get them other ways and it would be a big waste of time and.or money and you have the risk of going bankrupt and potentially getting stuck in the game.

Seems like we all have the same type of mentality with potions ( and enhancements).
When I finished NWN's and modules and expansions, I had a TON of leftover potions and still beat the game. Then I noticed I always have left over best buy coupons, free movie tickets from movie rewards that I never use, starbucks gift cards, expired other gift cards etc.
It's the same DAMN Thing!!
One day a buddy said to me (about some reward points on my Visa) As soon as you get them-- USE THEM-- because statistically people never do use them so you are missing a benefit with your hoarding, poverty mentality. ( He was a Brand Manager for Proctor and Gamble so ostensibly he was knowledgable of such things)
Frankly such simple advice changed my life and my gaming habits.

Now I use my best buy reward coupons to buy steam cards,to buy games. And I use potions as often as I can.

RPG in real life...

Back
Top Bottom