The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I can't log in right now. Is it just me or does anybody else have thgis problem, too ?
I could still log in this afternoon (local time), but now, the launcher just freezes. Doesn't respond at all after I have typed my passworm into it.

Edit : Just logged in successfully - but it took ages !

Once Druids become available, if Amberer is ready to TR then I will likely do so. However, that being said, I'm enjoying playing an AA and would wish to take it to cap eventually. There are several ways we could continue to run both groups, so I feel we need to discuss and plan for the future. Considering we skipped a great deal of content with our current TR's, we might also want to plan a fresh campaign where we incorporate at least some of the quests we missed. I'm sure Mr. Spreadsheet :) could easily handle that!!

Alrik, since the maintenance yesterday, I've had debilitating lag. It's been largely unplayable for me. Hopefully it'll clear up this evening or tomorrow morning.

My problem is this; if y'all start the second TR group too late, then I'll not have enough time for y'all to catch up to Pump. Yet I really do not wish to start and gear yet another fresh one yet, until I get Mureall and Mirys to 20. If I do, then I won't want to abandon the high favor from running nothing but elites. But dumping Pump isn't really an option.

So it depends on what time y'all TR versus my shift rotation. If y'all can hit 8, then no problem. If not, then I'll have to start fresh.

Ambrer is currently level 17 so it's not so far until she can TR. The expansion is not out until late June so we still have some time left to get her to 20.

When is your shift rotation?

I will TR my paladin so he can open all quests on elite. Even if he's a TR2 you don't notice the difference in XP needed so much at the lower levels. Having an XP pot and tome going would compensate. So I think we should be able to get to level 8 pretty fast.

We could e. g. play with our high levels on a few Fridays to get them to 20 and prepared for TR in time. My cleric is still level 18 (actually 19 and halfway to 20, but holding levels). So he can help doing high level quests. We could e. g. play the new chain (Lord of dust, servants of the overlord, the spinner of shadows). There are great look items to get in that chain.

Playing our high levels on Friday depends on who can play. Alrik and Trevor don't have any high levels so if they join then we need to stick to the low levels.

We also play on Saturday, Sunday etc. and then we can certainly play high levels to get to 20 in time. So I think we should do what we can to get to level 8 before your shift rotation changes.

Playing our high levels on Friday depends on who can play. Alrik and Trevor don't have any high levels so if they join then we need to stick to the low levels.

I'm fine with that. :D

We also play on Saturday, Sunday etc.

I've got a problem : On Saturday I'll be meeting friends (first time in a few years again, and I don't know how much I'll be able to play later … But what's much, much more important for me is that I need to get up *early* on sunday, because there's elections in my federal state of Northrhine-Westfalia, and I've volunteered to be a helper there.

I need to be there from 7:30 in the morning (and I want to be get up round 6 in the morning despite it being a Sunday), an I'll be in duty until 21:00 or even a bit later that day.

So, please don't count on me for Sunday, and most likely on late Saturday, too.

I can team up with some of you in the early evening of Saturday, perhaps, because no too late, I'm afraid.

(I still need to get my Fens Slayer cap, if someone needs it as well, we could team up there, for example. Same goes for my Tangleroot Gorge slayer and Sorrowdusk and 3-Barrel-Cove and Ataraxia.)

Friday is not that much of a problem, though.

I experimented with my 36pt new paladin build. He will be a knight of the chalice using his 2 greensteel khopeshes (mineral II and lightning II). The build will probably be altered after the expansion due to the new enhancement system.

I was looking at making a half-elf or warforged paladin, but felt it was too hard to get the stats to important attributes and enough feats to go all the way into two weapon fighting. So I kept him as human. Maybe you see a better way to build him. Comments?

Code:
[u][b]Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.12.01[/b][/u]
[url=http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO]DDO Character Planner Home Page[/url]

[B][U]Peters Stauffenberg II[/U][/B]
Level 20 Lawful Good Human Male
(20 Paladin) 
Hit Points: 382
Spell Points: 300 
BAB: 20\20\25\30\30
Fortitude: 32
Reflex: 20
Will: 20

[B]                  Starting          Feat/Enhancement
Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
[U](36 Point)[/U]       [U](Level 1)[/U]             [U](Level 20)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=navy]Strength             16                    24
Dexterity            14                    17
Constitution         16                    20
Intelligence          8                    11
Wisdom                8                    11
Charisma             16                    22[/COLOR]

With all items and +2 ship buffs:
[COLOR=navy]Strength             32
Dexterity            19
Constitution         30
Intelligence         13
Wisdom               19
Charisma             30[/COLOR]

[B][U]Tomes Used[/U][/B]
[COLOR=navy]+1 Tome of Strength used at level 3
+1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 3
+1 Tome of Constitution used at level 3
+1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 3
+1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 3
+1 Tome of Charisma used at level 3
+2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7
+3 Tome of Strength used at level 11
+3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 11
+3 Tome of Constitution used at level 11
+3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 11
+3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 11
+3 Tome of Charisma used at level 11
[/COLOR]
                 Base Skills         Modified Skills
[U]Skills[/U]           [U](Level 1)[/U]            [U](Level 20)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=navy]Balance               3                    13
Bluff                 3                     6
Concentration         3                     6
Diplomacy             3                     6
Disable Device       n/a                    n/a
Haggle                3                     6
Heal                 -1                     0
Hide                  2                     3
Intimidate            3                     6
Jump                  4                    15
Listen               -1                     0
Move Silently         2                     3
Open Lock             n/a                   n/a
Perform               n/a                   n/a
Repair               -1                     0
Search               -1                     0
Spot                 -1                     0
Swim                  3                     7
Tumble                n/a                   n/a
Use Magic Device      5                    17
[/COLOR]

[B][U]Notable equipment[/U][/B]
Belt of Greater False Life 
Katra's Razor Wit 
Teraza's Perfect Sight 
Maenya's Iron Fists 
Supreme Tyrant Green Steel Goggles of Mineral 
Striding Boots 
Cloak of Resistance 
Lorrik's Necklace 
Health Ring 
Night Hag's Heartstone 
Beholder Plate Armor 
Bracelet of Thaarak 
Supreme Tyrant +5 Green Steel Khopesh of Lightning 
Supreme Tyrant +5 Green Steel Khopesh of Mineral  

[B][U]Level 1 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=peru]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Balance (+1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=peru]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Jump (+1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=peru]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Use Magic Device (+2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Human Bonus) Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Khopesh[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Past Life) Past Life: Paladin[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Past Life) Past Life: Paladin[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Toughness[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Follower of the Sovereign Host[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Extra Smite Evil I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Toughness I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 2 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=peru]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Jump (+0.5)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=peru]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Use Magic Device (+0.5)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Human Improved Recovery I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Charisma I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 3 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=peru]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Jump (+0.5)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Power Attack[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Courage of Good I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Bulwark of Good I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Extra Lay on Hands I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Racial Toughness I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 4 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=orchid]Ability Raise: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]STR[/COLOR]
[COLOR=peru]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Balance (+0.5)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Extra Smite Evil II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Toughness II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 5 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Human Adaptability Constitution I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Divine Sacrifice I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Divine Might I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 6 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Resistance of Good I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Racial Toughness II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Energy of the Templar I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 7 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Knight of the Chalice I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 8 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Bulwark of Good II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Extra Lay on Hands II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 9 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Energy of the Templar II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 10 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Unyielding Sovereignty[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Divine Might II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 11 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Extra Smite Evil III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 12 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Improved Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Courage of Good II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Divine Sacrifice II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 13 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Extra Lay on Hands III[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Knight of the Chalice II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 14 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Charisma II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 15 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Greater Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Exalted Smite I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Divine Might III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 16 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Human Greater Adaptability Strength I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 17 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Human Versatility I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Devotion I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 18 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Oversized Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Exalted Smite II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Knight of the Chalice III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 19 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Human Improved Recovery II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 20 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=orchid]Ability Raise: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]CHA[/COLOR]
[COLOR=peru]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Concentration (+1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Weapons of Good[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Divine Might IV[/COLOR]

Well, it looks like a generic TWF Khopesh Paladin. I'm not sure I'd bother with PA; Paladins already have to-hit issues, and going -7/-7 is bad enough. You'd likely get as much if not more mileage dps wise out of Extended Divine Favor, Zeal, or take Shield Mastery for emergency 25% DR when needed. I've found it handy on Rachail as a Fighter.

Of course, after 8 lives as a Paladin, I'd probably try something different regardless.

A plea to everyone here : Would you mind doing a short update of your toons/characters on the list page/thread ? http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15033

Name, (multi-)class plus level would be sufficient.

I just want to have a current overview. To support my notoriously bad name memory. ;)

Well, with judicious use of invisibility and fascinate, Mirys the Bard pulled off a solo hard Offering of Blood. It helped that I had little to no noticeable lag, which is rare in that quest.

I left about 50% of the monsters dazed from fascinate, and invisibled myself past the scorpion pit near the last shrine, the room in which most of the group tends to die repeatedly. Boss took awhile to bring down, but since I have evasion and solid saves, it was basically wearing down his stoneskin so I could wear him down.

Chains of Flame is next, though I may not have enough time to finish it. And I won't get BB out of it, I took my level 14. Mureall will hold where she's at to assist CM in getting her Rogue to 12-13, when she gets to where she can play again.

Well, my Ranger is now level 14. :) Finally ! :)

It was memorable in several ways :

- got my 100something filled up until I had 15000 slayer counts in the Red Fens
- was invisible due to that bug (was in that "mud-cave" there, emerged from it invisible, only the weapons could be seen, and as I tried it a second time, the weapons disappeared, too !
- the very last enemy slain there was the creature from the platdform … where you must lay don those crests/seals - he was number 1500 !
- I think this weekends additional xp kicked in, too
- plus the effect of The Master's Voice (the ship buff had already run out and I didn't want to renew it so soon)
- in the end I got something around 16.000 xp, with everything, and I just needed 10.000 !
- as I look at the xp bar, it even says something about 19.000 xp right now (if I interpret it correctly) … I wonder if that was the additional amount from this weekend (see post above) ? I have not much of an idea. Calculating was never my strongest area.

Well, okay, I'm very pleased right now. :)

To my disappointment I couldn't take a new feat (I'm twitching to get my "mental toughness", so I can finally buy myself the Arcane Archer prestige enhancement !), but, okay, I'm fine with the additional stuff right now. :) I even have my own "freedom of movement" spell right now ! :) - Need ingredients for it, though.

Thanks. So, wait for level 15, then ...

Alternate paladin build. Comments please.

I take consequence of power attack not being so great so I wondered if going for a half elf paladin with dilettante in favored soul could be a good idea. That means he can cast scrolls and use wands as a favored soul (e. g. healing scrolls). I'm not so familiar with this so maybe Azraelck has a good idea.

This is a 36pt build. I might try it out using a lesser heart of stone for my 34pt build. Then I will drop con from 16 to 14 and instead place 1 point in wis and int. That means even number for these stats at level 20 and slightly more skill points. It will give me 20 less hitpoints, though.

An alternative is dropping STR from 16 to 14, thus giving -1 to hit and dmg. Since I won't be using power attack I think hitting won't be a problem. The dmg should still be ok due to all the bonuses from weapons (lit II, min II khopeshes) and Knight of the templar bonus damage to evil monsters.

Is dropping con by 2 better than str by 2 or vice versa?

A variation could be to drop divine sacrifice II and instead take Human versatility I and paladin attack boost I. Human versatility will give +2 to skills (like UMD) and with a +3 UMD item I will get a total of +5 in addition to the base skill. With a greensteel item with +6 cha skills I hope to get DC enough to cast heal scrolls. What do you think?

Code:

[B][U]Peterp3 Stauffenberg[/U][/B]
Level 20 Lawful Good Half-Elf Male
(20 Paladin) 
Hit Points: 382
Spell Points: 300 
Fortitude: 25
Reflex: 17
Will: 14

[COLOR=navy]Strength             16                    24
Intelligence          8                    11
Charisma             16                    22[/COLOR]

[B][U]Tomes Used[/U][/B]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]Balance               2                     9
Bluff                 3                     6
Concentration         3                     6
Diplomacy             3                     6
Disable Device       n/a                    n/a
Haggle                3                     6
Heal                 -1                     0
Intimidate            3                     6
Jump                  3                     7
Repair               -1                     0
Search               -1                     0
Swim                  3                     7
Use Magic Device      5                    17
[/COLOR]
[B][U]Level 1 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Half-Elf Dilettante) Half-Elf Dilettante: Favored Soul[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Follower of the Sovereign Host[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Extra Smite Evil I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Toughness I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 2 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Human Improved Recovery I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Charisma I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 3 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Khopesh[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Courage of Good I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Bulwark of Good I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Extra Lay on Hands I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 4 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Extra Smite Evil II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Toughness II[/COLOR]

[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Human Adaptability Constitution I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Divine Sacrifice I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Divine Might I[/COLOR]

[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Resistance of Good I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Energy of the Templar I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 7 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Knight of the Chalice I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 8 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Bulwark of Good II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Extra Lay on Hands II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 9 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Improved Favored Soul Dilettante I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Energy of the Templar II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 10 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Extra Smite Evil III[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Divine Might II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 11 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Unyielding Sovereignty[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 12 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Improved Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Courage of Good II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Divine Sacrifice II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 13 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Extra Lay on Hands III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 14 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Improved Favored Soul Dilettante II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Knight of the Chalice II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 15 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Greater Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Exalted Smite I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Divine Might III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 16 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Human Greater Adaptability Strength I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 17 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Charisma II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 18 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Oversized Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Improved Favored Soul Dilettante III[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Knight of the Chalice III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 19 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Exalted Smite II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 20 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=orchid]Ability Raise: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]CHA[/COLOR]
[COLOR=peru]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Concentration (+1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Weapons of Good[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Divine Might IV[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Last edited:
Alternate build for my level 20 TWF paladin.

This character will fight with 2 khopeshes most of the time (lit II and min II). I built him as a level 18 fighter with 2 levels in paladin to get the bonuses to saves and 1 lay on hands for emergencies. He's an half elf for favored soul dilettante so he can use heal scrolls to keep himself alive.

I'm not 100% sure of the feats and enhancements so please come with comments.

This toon should probably provide a lot of dps with some healing capabilities.

He will have +6 to str, con, cha, wis, greater false life and tharaak bracelet for 20 toughness. In addition he will have a GS 45hp item with heavy fort.

So hp will be 434 + 30 + 20 + 45 + 100 (6 con + ship buff + min II bonus to con) = 629 hp. Not great, but not so bad either. Can be boosted further with spells.

Strength will be 28 + 6 (maenyas fists) + 2 ship buff = 36. In addition will be buffs from spells.

Code:

[code][u][b]Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.12.01[/b][/u]

[B][U]Peter5 Stauffenberg[/U][/B]
Level 20 Lawful Good Half-Elf Male
(18 Fighter \ 2 Paladin) 
Hit Points: 434
Spell Points: 0 
Fortitude: 23
Reflex: 13
Will: 10

[COLOR=navy]Strength             17                    28
Intelligence         10                    13
Charisma             13                    16[/COLOR]

[B][U]Tomes Used[/U][/B]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]Balance               4                    14
Bluff                 1                     6
Concentration         3                     8
Diplomacy             1                     6
Disable Device        n/a                   n/a
Haggle                1                     3
Heal                 -1                     2
Intimidate            1                     6
Jump                  3                    24
Repair                0                     1
Search                0                     1
Swim                  3                     9
Use Magic Device      3                    14
[/COLOR]
[B][U]Level 1 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=peru]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Balance (+2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Half-Elf Dilettante) Half-Elf Dilettante: Favored Soul[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Fighter Bonus) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Attack Boost I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Haste Boost I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Critical Accuracy I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Toughness I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 2 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Fighter Bonus) Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Khopesh[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Strength I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 3 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Stunning Blow[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Strategy (Stunning Blow) I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Strategy (Sunder) I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Human Versatility I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 4 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Fighter Bonus) Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Critical Accuracy II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Toughness II[/COLOR]

[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Improved Favored Soul Dilettante I[/COLOR]

[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Power Attack[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Attack Boost II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 7 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Human Improved Recovery II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 8 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Fighter Bonus) Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Kensei I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 9 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Kensei Khopesh Mastery I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Strength II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 10 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Fighter Bonus) Oversized Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Khopesh Specialization I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Improved Favored Soul Dilettante II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 11 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Critical Accuracy III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 12 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Greater Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Fighter Bonus) Improved Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Racial Toughness III[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Toughness III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 13 (Fighter)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 14 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Fighter Bonus) Greater Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Kensei Khopesh Mastery II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Kensei II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 15 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Past Life: Soldier of the Faith[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Attack Boost III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 16 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Fighter Bonus) Greater Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Haste Boost II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Improved Favored Soul Dilettante III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 17 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Toughness IV[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 18 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Fighter Bonus) Superior Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Khopesh Specialization II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 19 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Critical Accuracy IV[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Strategy (Stunning Blow) II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 20 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=peru]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Jump (+3)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Fighter Bonus) Improved Sunder[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Kensei Khopesh Mastery III[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Kensei III[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Human Versatility II[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Paladin:

Taking two levels of monk will net you a very useful Evasion, given your Paladin saves. It will also net you two feats. An alternative for max UMD would be a Rogue splash. Either way, a Paladin usually doesn't have too much issue with UMDing things: 11 ranks + 7 CHA (at least) + 3 enhancement +6 exceptional +4 GH +1 Spider mask + 1 ship buff. This is assuming only a +6 CHA item and ship buff. That's 33, while not no-fail it is certainly good enough for government work.

Two monk feats cover TWF and Toughness, leaving 7 for GTWF and ITWF, Khopesh, and IC:Slash. That's 3 free feats, so you can fit in Shield Mastery for emergency DR (or just going Pally DoS), extend for short term buffs, and maybe OTWF for offsetting the lower to-hit.

Remember that FvS get their spell levels a bit later than Clerics. So you'll only have 90% compared to a Cleric Dilettante Helf's 95%. Furthermore, you have human adaptability as a Half-Elf. So you can, for example, drop CON by 1, using 2ap to even it out later, and put that into WIS. Then, after the +3 tome takes effect, you can use the free feat swap from Lockania. Of course, a Paladin will not need to fret about CHA though.

If CM can hold aggro, or for that matter, Ambrer or Pump's pets, then Rogue dilettante can add 3d6 damage from SA.

Fighter: Instead of Favored Soul dilettante, dump CHA on the Fighter and invest in WIS instead, going Cleric for the extra 5% on heal scrolls. I'd not bother with the Paladin splash either. You would get more mileage out of a Monk or just going pure. 600+ hp is fine for a dps character; if you tank you'll have SD instead, which will add 6 CON +20% so it'd be closer to 800 I believe.

The Paladin splash will increase damage taken in some areas of the game, while costing a feat and delaying fighter PrE enhancements and losing the capstone, all for a minor boost to saves and a weak 1 shot emergency heal. IMO, the trade-off isn't worth it.

Back
Top Bottom