DraSa: The River of Time - Trailer

Ugh, "trailer" might be overstating the video a little bit.

I'm pretty excited about this game but that was a horrible trailer. Showing a mage just standing there with no reaction as 2 melee just swing at him with no apparent consequence isn't very impressive.

I must be missing something, maybe I was supposed to be more interested in the spell or animation of the casting?

Either way, Draken2 is on my must buy list when it hits the States. Alpha Protocol is the only other game I'm looking forward to as much as this.

I just hope to finish DraSa 1 before #2 hits! (I know, I know ... I'm very easily distracted. Bioware isn't making things easy for me these days.)

This is not a trailer. It is just a video showing the results of the spell "Kraft der Erde". Nothing more.

I think this is a spell exclusively for the Geode, but I don't now exactly.

I hope I made this clear enough; if not, then I apologise.

There is a real trailer also on the side-bar if you want a more detailed look.

are there any plans to accelerate spell casting? I don' know the rule set, but I did think that spell casters were somewhat disadvanatged (vs fighter types) with casting times in DS.

No, I don't think so, because it's in the rules - as far as I know - that spell-casting is so slow.

Aventuria has a tendency to be a world with rather few magic in it.

I thought magic was extremely dull in DraSa. Slow and very limited spell range. And if you weren't human, you didn't even get one single offensive Area of Effect spell.
What you say holds for offensive spells. And that lies in the DSA system.

For all other kinds of spells it wasn't dull at all IMHO. If you accept to use spells for buffing, debuffing, summoning, etc. it can be very interesting. I played DraSa with auto-pause after each round and my feeling is that you can use magic very tactically.

I thought magic was extremely dull in DraSa. Slow and very limited spell range. And if you weren't human, you didn't even get one single offensive Area of Effect spell.

Which in a way is right - please forget everything you are used from (A)D&D etc. !
Aventuria is NOT a "high-fantasy" setting ! It is rather a "low-fantasy" setting !

To some (rather hardcore- I guess) fans even the amount of magical items in Drakensang 1 was far too much !

Back
Top Bottom