Risen Another faction related question

lostforever

SasqWatch
I think I want to be a Warrior of the Order and use Axe and Shield.

I just started the game and did all the quest in the Bandit camp and the Don has told me to go to Harobur Town. Fincher (the guy in Don room) told me to take some fighters and kill the Order people in the nearby ruin (i think)

Here are the Questions,

1. Will it affection my chances of becoming Warrior of the order if I did Fincher's quest?
2. Does the Order has Axe trainers?
3. Can I come back to the Bandit camp if I am Warrior Of the Order and buy/sell stuff?
4. I read that the best Axe in the game is 96 Dam and need 70 or 80 Str. I think Oscar (the smith in Bandit camp) sells it in Chapter 2. Does Chapter 2 begins once I choose my faction? Or Can I go to Chapter 2 without choosing a faction?

I hope that made sense!

Thx

1. That is the question many people asked and noone knows. What I do know is that you get a quest from Order later to check that ruin which leads to another quest called "lost cause". :(

2. No. But doesn't matter, there are trainers elsewhere.

3. Of course, the whole idea about Don's men is "money makes the world go round". ;) Oscar, Doug, Cormac and Obel will sell everything they can to anyone.

4. The best ingame axe is the one you find at the end of the game (it's hammer in fact but...). Next best is a Titan axe which you can find in Ch 4 with 120 damage. And next goes Warhammer with damage 96... I'm unsure which axe is the best in chapter 2 but I'm sure you can't find axes anywhere as a loot except woodcutter's axe, sledgehammer, titan axe and titan lord hammer - you have to buy them!

1. Will it affection my chances of becoming Warrior of the order if I did Fincher's quest?
Nope, doesn't affect your Order (warrior or mage) chances at all if you do Fincher's quest to takeover the artifact camp. I did it my second run through, and it had no effect on my mage recommendation, nor the fact that I volunteered with the Order. It's really kinda fun too.

When you get to the point that a Master asks you to check on Rogar (think that is his name), you simply get to reply "he's dead", and the Master accepts it as quest completed.

Nope, doesn't affect your Order (warrior or mage) chances at all if you do Fincher's quest to takeover the artifact camp.

I'm not quite sure about that. I'm starting to wonder if the quest system is more dynamic than one might think. I did a few quests at the bandit camp first, then went to harbor town and got 3/4 for both, the Don and the Order. Then went back to the bandit camp and wrapped up all loose ends there including the Fincher quest.
Now when I go to the meeting place of the raid mob and talk to Fincher I get a "for the Don" dialogue option which makes me believe that I would join the bandits if I were to complete Fincher's quest.
Maybe it all depends on what you did before? I don't know… but I'd advise anyone to be very careful if that "for [x]" dialogue option pops up. Better make a separate save in a case like that so you can roll back any time.
Of course it should be safe to do Fincher's quest as long as you aren't at 3/4 yet but if you are 3/4 you might want to be extra careful if you aren't ready to commit to one side quite yet.

Now when I go to the meeting place of the raid mob and talk to Fincher I get a "for the Don" dialogue option which makes me believe that I would join the bandits if I were to complete Fincher's quest.
Maybe it all depends on what you did before? I don't know… but I'd advise anyone to be very careful if that "for [x]" dialogue option pops up. Better make a separate save in a case like that so you can roll back any time.
Of course it should be safe to do Fincher's quest as long as you aren't at 3/4 yet but if you are 3/4 you might want to be extra careful if you aren't ready to commit to one side quite yet.

That is VERY strange.

I also went to Harbor city and completed 3/4 quests for both sides before doing any of Fincher's quests. However, I did not get the "for the Don" dialogue when completing his quests. I finished both the raid on the artifact camp, and the scouting of the ruins without any issues.

I didn't get a for the Don either with that quest. I also enjoyed using those men to clear a large part of the surrounding area. Pity a couple managed to get themselves killed!! :)

I didn't get a for the Don either with that quest. I also enjoyed using those men to clear a large part of the surrounding area. Pity a couple managed to get themselves killed!! :)

Do they come back alive? I think some of them are trainers/sellers?

1. That is the question many people asked and noone knows. What I do know is that you get a quest from Order later to check that ruin which leads to another quest called "lost cause". :(

BTW,

I am replaying as a guy from the Order. However, I started this 2nd play through from a "quickstart" point wherein I had done all of the Don's swamp-related quests, including the raiding of the artifact camp.

What happens then, is that when you are instructed to go back to that camp under the Order, you have a dialogue option to say: "Rudolph is dead". After that, no quest is given so the situation you bring up will not prevent you from joining the order or create bugs later on. However, it seems you miss out on an Order-related quest because you already did the equivalent for the bandits.

Back
Top Bottom