South Park - Delayed Two Months

Dhruin

SasqWatch
THQ has released its latest fiscal results, also announcing some key titles have been delayed. South Park: The Stick of Truth has been pushed back two months according to serveral sites. From Kotaku:
THQ has delayed the much-anticipated South Park RPG as well as shooter Metro: Last Light and the real-time strategy game Company of Heroes 2.
South Park: Stick of Truth, originally slated for March 2013, will now be released in early fiscal year 2014, THQ says. In English, that means April, May or June.
Metro: Last Light and Company of Heroes 2, both slated for early next year, are now due to come out in March.
Interestingly, other articles are foreshadowing the death of THQ, with articles like Gamasutra's THQ: Is this the beginning of the end?
More information.

That would be a year delay for South Park.

Kotaku said:
will now be released in early fiscal year 2014, THQ says. In English, that means April, May or June.

Kotaku is implying their fiscal 2013 ends in march. Its different for every company.

how ever long it is I like delays , instant gratification sux.

how ever long it is I like delays , instant gratification sux.

Exactly...

* wait 3-4 years for game to come out
* wait 3 months for patch
* wait 3 months for yet another patch since the first sucked
* patches didnt fix even half the issues. wait 3-5 years for fan patches / mods.

;)

If the game is buried and never releases it will be fine with me. I am more worried about THQ's other games.

THQ has been putting out some good stuff - and this doesn't bode well. I pray CoH2 actually gets released - because the first game is just about the best RTS I know of.

Exactly…

* wait 3-4 years for game to come out
* wait 3 months for patch
* wait 3 months for yet another patch since the first sucked
* patches didnt fix even half the issues. wait 3-5 years for fan patches / mods.

;)

That's why gamers should learn to be thankful for the games as they are rather than worrying about patches.

Back in my day patching a game was nonexistent. If the game was too hard, or something didn't work right, tough luck, you played it anyway. And the games were still fun.

That said, patches overall are a good thing. But I never let them consume my gaming life :)

Why is that?

"South Park: Stick of Truth, originally slated for March 2013, will now be released in early fiscal year 2014, THQ says. In English, that means April, May or June."

March of 2013 to April,may,June of 2014.

That's a year+. Am I missing something?

Couchpotato posted this quote in another thread in General non-RPG:

THQ’s fiscal 2013 second quarter call today was not filled with much joy, and the company was quick to end it.

Firstly, South Park: The Stick of Truth was scheduled for March 5, 2013, but it’s now scheduled for “early fiscal 2014,” which means sometime after March 31, 2013. Company of Heroes 2 and Metro: Last Light are now both scheduled for vague releases in March, though presumably before the fiscal year is up on March 31.
From that it sounds as if their fiscal year is quite out of synch with normal years, and the delay may just be a few months.

"South Park: Stick of Truth, originally slated for March 2013, will now be released in early fiscal year 2014, THQ says. In English, that means April, May or June."

March of 2013 to April,may,June of 2014.

That's a year+. Am I missing something?

yeah, my quote explaining that April/May/June 2013 for them is fiscal 2014.

Couchpotato posted this quote in another thread in General non-RPG:

From that it sounds as if their fiscal year is quite out of synch with normal years, and the delay may just be a few months.

Thanks for the clarification.

Back
Top Bottom