Pricewatch!

It's not really challenging like many NES games were though. Where NES games loved to throw random enemies that you could not really predict your way, thus memorization was the key, most of Dark Souls challenge comes down to how good you are at the actual game. The combat is challenging, but I never thought it seemed unfair, and when I died (I died a lot!), I never felt like it was due to the game cheating.

Hey.

Was wondering about getting it too.
About this GFWL in the process of being getting rid of, will there be problems with the game?

I'm very tempted in buying it but I don't want to be denied to save my progress…

Yeah. NES games were tough. When I'd die I would burn up and stop playing for days.

I know it'll probably be the same with DS but I wanna see, like many here, ''what the fuss is all about''.

If anyone has any way to work around the Dark Souls issue I'd love to hear it. I started playing recently from steam on Windows 7 but I just 'upgraded' to Windows 8.1 and GFWL does not work and I figure why bother installing now? As far as I can see only way is a crack but the one I downloaded sets off so many alerts on virustotal.com that I dont really want to try it on a new machine.

If anyone has any way to work around the Dark Souls issue I'd love to hear it. I started playing recently from steam on Windows 7 but I just 'upgraded' to Windows 8.1 and GFWL does not work and I figure why bother installing now? As far as I can see only way is a crack but the one I downloaded sets off so many alerts on virustotal.com that I dont really want to try it on a new machine.

Hey.

Downloading it right now.

Just found this on Steam. TL;DR but I hope this works for you.

Thanks. I'll pass though as it requires you to install GFWL but gives a mechanism to on 8.1. Since its like 1 month to death, I'd rather wait for a better answer. Namco does say it will work after July though (link)

Humph.

Having quickly read the article, I'm a little afraid of having bought the game.

I hope they figure out a functionnal solution because I don't think I'll be able to complete it before the end of GFWL…

It's not really challenging like many NES games were though. Where NES games loved to throw random enemies that you could not really predict your way, thus memorization was the key, most of Dark Souls challenge comes down to how good you are at the actual game. The combat is challenging, but I never thought it seemed unfair, and when I died (I died a lot!), I never felt like it was due to the game cheating.

I'll give it a try. But if it's too NESy, I'll make you spend the next 3 months playing nothing but The Adventures of Bayou Billy. Mwa-hahahaha! :p

Dark Souls can be played offline without a need for GFWL, assuming you don't care about achievements, invasions, or PvP. Although I think you might have to start a new game, I'm not 100% sure.

The Witcher 1 and 2 are £1.39 and £2.99, respectively, on Steam at the moment.

Expeditions Conquistador is currently in Steam Sale.
That's the game we voted to be Second Best RPG of 2013.
Reduced by 75%. You get it for 4,99€ until 2. of June.
Highly recommended!

I second kordanor...
Really fun game. Combat is quite good too and there are some interesting fights.

I explored the entire map and there are some fun goodies :)

Well written game too. The dialog is fun and it's well presented .

Expeditions Conquistador is currently in Steam Sale.
That's the game we voted to be Second Best RPG of 2013.
Reduced by 75%. You get it for 4,99€ until 2. of June.
Highly recommended!

Thanks for the notice - never bought it last year, installing now :)

Bastion is on sale on Steam for $2.24 for the next two days.

Link - http://store.steampowered.com/app/107100/
Bastion is an action role-playing experience that redefines storytelling in games, with a reactive narrator who marks your every move. Explore more than 40 lush hand-painted environments as you discover the secrets of the Calamity, a surreal catastrophe that shattered the world to pieces. Wield a huge arsenal of upgradeable weapons and battle savage beasts adapted to their new habitat. Finish the main story to unlock the New Game Plus mode and continue your journey!

I also must recommend Expeditions, I was amazed at the tactical combat done by a small studio. The story is quite engrossing as well. Oh, and this game is no pushover.

Indie Royale Turing bundle.

Just bought Eschalon Book III in a bundle for about 5 $.

I feel like I stole from the Wrangler but then when I think about how much I paid for Books I and II, I feel better.

Indeed, I paid something like 40 canadian $ I forget how long ago and about 28 for the second one some time ago too.

I refused to buy the last installment for full price when it got out since I knew about all those sales going all around.

So, just a little heads up for those of you who'd like to have it with 5 other DRM free games.

Indie Royale.

Not only do you get Eschalon Book 3, but Eterium also looks like it could be really good. Overall, this seem to be one of the best Indie Roayles in quite a while.

The Reboot Bundle 4.0 is another impressive bundle, containing:

Inquisitor
Hard Reset
The first templar
Zeno Clash 2
Tropico Trilogy
Combat wings

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/reboot-bundle-4/

Hard Reset was on my Steam Wishlist (@14.99) thanks for the heads up.

BTW, just how does this bundle system work? I feel like I'm stealing here. And when I say how does it work, I'm not talking about the process of paying for the games at the various bundle web sites.

Back
Top Bottom