Fable 3 - DLC and Patch

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
If you have been playing Fable 3 and enjoyed it, you might want to try out the Understone Quest Pack which can be downloaded right now.
The “Understone Quest Pack” brings more action and adventure your way with the following quests:“The Voice”: In the main quest, explore the mysterious underground land built by Montague Hummes in fear of the Spire in “Fable II”
  • Discover the origin of the voice that controls the people of Understone
  • Features a moral decision that will lead to two drastically different outcomes in Understone
“Shooting Range”: After defeating Saker during your quest to become Queen of King, the remaining Mercenaries have turned their camp into a tourist attraction. The main attraction being the replayable shooting range mode
  • Beat the high scores to win three prizes that can be used while playing the minigame: the Marksman 500 (gifted to players for downloading the pack), Money Shot (prize) and Black Dragon (prize)
The Wheel of Misfortune”: After Reaver vacated his home, he set up a venture for budding heroes to replay the thrilling arena-based challenges within his new dwellings
  • Beat the high scores to win three new weapons that can be used while playing in the minigame: The Full Monty (gifted to players upon downloading pack), Dirty Harriet (prize) and Dead Ned’s Revolver (prize)
But that is not all. In what Lionhead calls a title update, but most people would call a patch, they offer the following:
  • General gameplay progression and spawning issues
  • Sanctuary map and audio functionality
  • Isolated corrupted game saves
  • General performance surrounding Orbs, audio, frame rates and other features
  • New voices in some regions of the world
More information.

OK. I know Fable isn't a "real" RPG and is for console kiddies, etc., etc.

But I liked Fable 2. It was too short, and didn't have much replay value, but it was fun while it lasted, and very nicely realized. I like a variety of games, and F2 was a pleasant, fun thing to play.

So has anyone here played Fable 3? Any opinions?

It's out already ???

Yes it has been out for a month or so. You do need an Xbox 360 to play it though ;)

Ah, that's why I didn't notice it ... ;)

Don't think there is even a date on Fable 2 on PC, not sure it's even really worth considering....yawn.

So has anyone here played Fable 3? Any opinions?

I enjoyed Fable 2, and pretty much agree with your assessment of it. It was a pretty shallow game and even though nothing you did really seemed to impact anything going on around you it was still fun while it lasted.

I've played around three to four hours of Fable 3 in between playing Fallout New Vegas and Avernum 6 (what an unexpectedly great game!!!) on the PC. So far I feel the same way about it as I felt about Fable 2. It's fun but not very deep. Whether it will stay fun up until the end of the game remains to be seen. Based on my early experience though, if you enjoyed Fable 2 you will probably enjoy Fable 3.

Fable 3 has been announced for the PC. Fable 2 has not, and probably never will be. For some reason they skipped a game.

Weird, really.

People are saying Fable 3 looks and plays like a simplified Fable 2. How much work would it be to convert it for PC, so the interested could get a proper trilogy - I wonder.

Can't say it supports a fan-caring attitude from Monkeyneux.

Afaik the PC version still does not even have an official release date.

But I've seen preorder boxes here !
I think they were for the PC ...

Fable 3 has been announced for the PC. Fable 2 has not, and probably never will be. For some reason they skipped a game.

"Buy the Fable Trilogy !"
;)

Im still waiting for the Im sorry we believe the game is meant to be played on a console on your couch excuse.Anyone remember Alan Wake and how microsoft made it console only even though it was made for the pc.I still laugh at that excuse,

My life will not be complete until I can fart my way into the hearts of farmer women everywhere from the comfort of my PC.

So? Stores still allow pre-orders regardless of whether there's a release date or not.

Yes, but still someone hasd to print the Fable 3 artwork on them ...

The only *real* Problem is that I'm not sure anymore for which platform it was ...

Back
Top Bottom