Dragon Age: Inquisition - Discover the Dragon Age Video @ The Bioware Blog

Do you think that DAI will be completely open world game?

The game is not open world, but it is more open than their previous "console" games.

DAI game world is made of multiple large maps in different regions in at least Orlais and Ferelden. Nevarra might have some as well, although it is not confirmed. The maps are less or more open, but without jumping or swimming there are still limitations...

Not expecting a masterpiece… My only hope for this game is that they get the combat right this time. The repetitive combat in DA2 with enemies spawning out of thin air in wave after wave was something I took a far bigger issue with than the recycled environments or even issues with the story. After all, in most RPGs you spend the majority of your time in combat so they really need to get that right. It seems so far like all of Bioware's marketing has been geared towards reassuring everyone this is beautiful game.. but will it be any fun?

That's, more or less, what Mike Laidlaw have said. No idea about the blandness (or lack of it) though :)

If its Mike Laidlaw who said it then there is no need for explicit mentions about blandness. :biggrin:

Don't understand the gushing over the graphics. Witcher 2 looks better than this. Especially the forest and trees and ground cover, which look very short and sparse here vs. the Witcher 2.

A new game is going to have to beat a 3 year old game in the graphics department before it impresses me.

Don't understand the gushing over the graphics. Witcher 2 looks better than this. Especially the forest and trees and ground cover, which look very short and sparse here vs. the Witcher 2.

A new game is going to have to beat a 3 year old game in the graphics department before it impresses me.

Well, a fully expanded, patched and medium heavily modded Skyrim will give it a run for its money too. But some of the scenes were very nicely composed and atmospheric. It does reassure PC gamers (at least) that DA has entered the second decade of the 21st century. And don't forget, most DA fans are console gamers (if I remember correctly DA:O and DA2 sold fairly limited numbers on PC, particularly compared to the Witcher games). Console players would be enormously impressed, and quite a few are probably assuming it's more or less going to look like that on Xbone and PS4, machines many of them are intending to buy.

Last edited:
I didn’t really care for DA 1 or 2. I actually liked 2 more than 1 which I know is rare (but I didn’t like it much at all so that isn’t saying a lot). DA3 really holds no appeal to me but neither did ME3 before I played it and I think ME3 was probably the only game I ever played that was considered tops in the graphics department that I really got into and beat.

I’ll eventually give it a try probably as long as they don’t have a console interface, as I’m a slow learner.

Back
Top Bottom