Fallout 4 - Cooling the Hype @ TechRaptor

I watched the vid, but, unusually for youtube vids, the music was there but your voice was muted for some reason. Was this intentional? Is it just me?

Go ahead and try to persuade me otherwise if you can figure out what dialogue option that is…

Why would I even try? With argument like: "I'm going to play Fallout 4 and love it"? You know that you will love a game that's not released yet? That's not even blind love but infatuation.

I'm inflatulenced too, or whatever that word was :p

Mumble groan bitch complain nitpick harass troll doom gloom the end is neigh what's the point of it al…

Did someone just mention the word Fallout?

:] :smitten: :aww: :drool: :dance: :heart: :flower: :flower: FALLOUT? :flower: :flower: :heart: :dance: :drool: :aww: :smitten: :]

Eulogise praise toady fanboy gloss hype white knight ass kiss lavish cheer compliment worship tribute

Why would I even try? With argument like: "I'm going to play Fallout 4 and love it"? You know that you will love a game that's not released yet? That's not even blind love but infatuation.

That's the point!! There are some NPCs you simply cannot Persuade! Charisma only works on rational people! Life lesson right there.

But seriously...Bethesda's track record for me personally: Morrowind loved, Oblivion loved, Fallout 3 loved, Skyrim loved...I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that I will love Fallout 4.

With me it's: Morrowind - loved; Oblivion - meh; Fallout 3 - meh; Skyrim - liked; Skyrim with mods - liked very much. So never the twain shall meet…

I watched the vid, but, unusually for youtube vids, the music was there but your voice was muted for some reason. Was this intentional? Is it just me?

It must be an issue on your end. As I tested the video on my end and the other members of the Geeks At The Movies team tested it on theirs. It could be an issue with L/R balance on your speakers. Sorry!

Check out our other content if you have time, we are also on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/geeksatthemovies?ref=hl & if your in eastern CT we are on channel 192 every Friday at 4:30pm. The main show looks and sounds better than the shorts we put up (but we are trying to raise the quality of everything as we go).

Like, Comment, Subscribe & Share!

Those vids play just fine. It's just the first link you posted. Very strange indeed. I wonder what the problem could be :shrug: I'll get back if I ever resolve it.

Sure, often you might get an overall better game in return. Mass Effect 2 was overall better than ME1, for example, even though I found it too streamlined. But isn't it possible to keep essential RPG elements without sacrificing anything? In that example they went from "too unfocused" to "too focused", IMO.
That is interesting, I consider ME1 only RPG out of the 3 games. ME2 and ME3 are corridor cover shooters with some talking in between. All 3 games are irritatingly railroaded with very little free exploration. At least ME1 had MAKO which I liked a lot.

Those vids play just fine. It's just the first link you posted. Very strange indeed. I wonder what the problem could be :shrug: I'll get back if I ever resolve it.

If you liked it, like it and subscribe!

Yes I know I am repetitive, trying to build a brand is hard.

Last edited:
Much as I admire your efforts, I never subscribe to people who spend a great deal of their air time badgering people to comment, rate and subscribe, I feel like I'm watching door-to-door salesmen.

I watch quite a few 'big name' youtubers on a regular basis, but I don't subscribe to any of them as I know their names so well and they get promoted so heavily I don't need to. I tend to subscribe to people for who there is no advertisements and who I'll likely forget their name if I don't and I generally like something they've done and they don't spend 1/4 of a video plastering the screen with advert annotations for their wider empire.

I don't begrudge people doing this though, I just can't personally bare it, so I refuse to encourage it with subs and likes. I might throw a mildly humorous comment on a vid one day though :shrug:

With me it's: Morrowind - loved; Oblivion - meh; Fallout 3 - meh; Skyrim - liked; Skyrim with mods - liked very much. So never the twain shall meet…

Fair enough. For me it's all about relative love, though. None of them were perfect, but where else can I get the open-world exploration with really interesting lore and hundreds of books and hundreds of interesting places to explore?

So with Fallout 4, there aren't any other games like it. Wasteland 2 is thematically close, but it is so limited visually and overhead/isometric and not open-world but uses repeating zones and stuff. That's cool, too, but it ain't Fallout 3/4.

Anyway, I'm just careful to knock something when it is the best in the business or only game in the business doing what they do. I don't worship Bethesda, but I'll be darned if I can find any other studio making true open-world games anywhere close to their level.

If anyone feels I'm missing some amazing open-world game, let me know because I clearly need to play it.

Much as I admire your efforts, I never subscribe to people who spend a great deal of their air time badgering people to comment, rate and subscribe, I feel like I'm watching door-to-door salesmen.

I watch quite a few 'big name' youtubers on a regular basis, but I don't subscribe to any of them as I know their names so well and they get promoted so heavily I don't need to. I tend to subscribe to people for who there is no advertisements and who I'll likely forget their name if I don't and I generally like something they've done and they don't spend 1/4 of a video plastering the screen with advert annotations for their wider empire.

I don't begrudge people doing this though, I just can't personally bare it, so I refuse to encourage it with subs and likes. I might throw a mildly humorous comment on a vid one day though :shrug:

I spend a very small % of my time advertising my brand. I spend the vast majority of my time actually editing, making content and trying to improve my craft. Making a TV show is a lot of hard work (we are a TV show, we are on TV in eastern CT we shoot at a TV studio, the short I linked was shot at my apartment).

If your a consumer of any kind of content in the modern age doing very basic things like liking and subscribing I think is the decent thing to do. Unless your in my position you may not understand how much it matters to us. I always make a point to like videos,etc. Those people are putting a lot of hard work in to entertain others (I never understood how much until recently). And all I have to do to support them is click a few buttons? Ok I can do that.

In our case, I don't want you to just like and subscribe if we suck, please comment, please tell us what your looking for, perhaps were on the same page perhaps not, but if we are, its not much to ask to Like, Comment, Subscribe and Share is it? And since we are a growing brand if we are on the same page we WILL talk about what your interested in.

Have to say that this article did hit some sensitive areas.

It's true that in the past years Bethesda has been stripping their games of game mechanics, the most recent was the removal of stats in Skyrim.
The removal of stats was explained by Bethesda: in the previous systems, stats leak one into another and end losing any kind of meaning, ruining the definition in character.
So they cut into useless scrap to focus on ways to bring definition.

This was Bethesda's declared objectives. Their objectives might have another as finding out what so called RPGers desire.

Because, while they new system might have improved the definition of characters, its efficiency relied on a cap for levels.
And one of the first demands by so called RPGers was to remove the level cap so they could grow their characters into power houses, that excell at any discipline.
So called RPGers rejected the definition in character, they do not desire that.

That is how this article is so off: it paints on face value. Bethesda know their customers, they can read their desire. That is not because so called RPGers tell they want something that they do not desire something else. Bethesda is in the business of satisfying socalled RPGers' desire.

How would the removal of stats cool the hype when it does not remove what so called RPGers desire: growing uber powerful?

So called RPGers salivate in anticipation: they are going to be able to rule the world, to be the man. The stats system to support that does not matter.

Want to cool the hype? Show that Bethesda will not allow the surge in power and will cling to the decision.

Back
Top Bottom