Wasteland 2 - Patch #6 Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
InXile Entertainment has released the sixth patch for Wasteland 2 this week. They also posted the huge changelog on the games Tumblr page.

Wasteland 2 Patch 6 Changelog

Greetings, Rangers! Wasteland 2’s newest patch is now live. What’s to tell? We’ve introduced Steam Achievements for Mac OS X and Linux players, for one!

Additionally, we’ve corrected a couple of critical quest bugs, plus an absolutely massive number of smaller issues with in-game object details, cleaned up behavior when the player does unexpected stuff (like poking new air-holes in an NPC’s head with an SMG right after accepting their quest to track down that family heirloom), and have updated the game’s text in both English and other languages. This one is in the running for being our biggest Wasteland 2 patch so far - and certainly of the new year.

See below for the full details!

Highlights

• Added Steam Achievements for Mac OS X and Linux! Now, your friends, family, and vague acquaintances can all enjoy unlocking Achievements regardless of their choice in computer operating system.
  • Fixed a bug in identifying the Broken Man during the Hollywood/Griffith questline that could in some cases render the peace outcome unattainable.
  • Updated Prison HQ. A large rolling gate now blocks the Prison HQ to prevent quest sequence breaks. The gate is opened by Danforth at the appropriate time during the story, or when the player fixes the broken robot to destroy the turrets and gate.
  • Huge bug fix pass - nearly our biggest patch ever!?
  • Large English text updates.
  • Localization fixes and updates across all languages.
More information.

Last edited:
still, no re-balance :S

are you sure it's coming guys?

Wow, that is one hell of a fixlist. It is time to play again after "finishing" the early acces.

Well I had no problem on release, or with any patch released after. This is just like any other game as each player seems to have a different experience with bugs.

I'm glad to see they continue to improve the game, but what about more content?

They promised next patch to be balance patch with no ETA as there are only a couple of guys working on it.

Well I had no problem on release, or with any patch released after. This is just like any other game as each player seems to have a different experience with bugs.

I'm glad to see they continue to improve the game, but what about more content?

That would be sweet - extra missions, extra locations, extra stuff - even if it would be in a form of a DLC that would still make me happy. But it would be much better if they would make some proper extension for this game -- like it used to be in 90s - it really deserves some extra love and 'm sure it would provide the developer with extra income.

I'm glad they are still fixing whatever they can get their hands on. The game is really good currently.
As for the balance patch people are asking, I still haven't left Arizona so i haven't noticed any problems. Is it mostly concerning California ?

Usually I'm very happy when I see patches, but honestly the game, when I finally played it, was already in great shape just needed a small polish that's it. But his patch now is too much of nitpicking.

WL2 is a great game.
IMO they should now close the store and start working on WL3.

As for the balance patch people are asking, I still haven't left Arizona so i haven't noticed any problems. Is it mostly concerning California ?

No, a lot of the weapons are unbalanced, armor is wonky, etc.

Usually I'm very happy when I see patches, but honestly the game, when I finally played it, was already in great shape just needed a small polish that's it. But his patch now is too much of nitpicking.

WL2 is a great game.
IMO they should now close the store and start working on WL3.
You mean on new Bard's Tale? :D

No, a lot of the weapons are unbalanced, armor is wonky, etc.

Not any more so than any RPG game imo. Its like comparing longswords and battle axes in Baldur's Gate. Personally I had all my 7 party members with a different primary weapon and found them all useful (though not equal throughout the game). I really don't see the need for a balance mod. As is assault rifles are generally good almost always, heavy weapons and SMGs really good against light armour opponents and energy weapons really good high armor opponents. Unarmed is in general very effective. Bladed, blunt weapons, and pistols less so, though the pistol has the advantage, especially early in the game of having cheap and abundant ammo. I think Wasteland is pretty much a normal rpg as far a weapon balance goes.

Anyone else get really bored of this game around the end of Arizona? Too many loot skills? With this patch I'm tempted to try again, but Risen 3 put in Ultra mode and that sounds more tempting even though I put in 103 hours not too long ago. Someone convince me why I should stick it out with Wasteland 2, I've been playing Diablo 3 again and I need help!

Thanks sea monkey :) WL2 isn't really my thing, but I bought it anyway and played for several hours before a fantasy game pulled me away. I enjoyed the hobo and cranky science lady but the combat was too repetitive for my tastes.

Anyone else get really bored of this game around the end of Arizona? Too many loot skills? With this patch I'm tempted to try again, but Risen 3 put in Ultra mode and that sounds more tempting even though I put in 103 hours not too long ago. Someone convince me why I should stick it out with Wasteland 2, I've been playing Diablo 3 again and I need help!

Exactly how far are you into Arizona. I found at the beginning of California the game makes a surge for the better, but then again I never got really bored at any point.

I'm not so sure DLC or expansions is the right way to go. As much as I would like it, I've really got to think, they want to move onto the next game in the series.

The more patches I hear about in the news, the better! Planning on playing this in the Summer time for the first time. Also fingers crossed that another game, Divinity Original Sin, gets that big patch they have talked about by then, having to do with rewriting some dialogue and quests. It will be a great summer if these games are near fully patched by then! :)

Back
Top Bottom