Risen - New Short Story

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The next short story from the Risen site is titled Shadow of Night:
The night was perfect. The narrow crescent of the moon had disappeared a little while ago behind a blanket of clouds that had been pushed in by the sea breeze. Even the whitest and most glistening walls of houses by day in the sun were now dark. The night watchman had already gone by and would not set off again on his next rounds for quite a while.
From out of a corner lying in the shadow of night, a shadow broke away. Silently he scurried along the side of a house, and then turned into an alley. A red dot revealed a last drag on a fag, then the shady figure pulled himself upwards on a cordon, climbed onto the roof and disappeared into the nearby window of a neighbouring house.

Even breaths signalised that he did not have to fear the attention of the inhabitants. The crate with the belongings stood at the foot of the bed. People were so transparent... It would now become apparent if the combination of the lock, which he obtained from his informant, was correct. The lockpick quietly snapped in the lock. With a scratching sound, the lid sprung open.
The even sound of breathing fell silent. The thief remained motionless. “Bloody hell!“ He thought to himself, holding his own breath.
However a loud snore allowed the tension to fall away from him. He slowly and carefully cleared out the chest, in search of the old, valuable amulet that his client had been out to get.
More information.

…and in Risen too, soon. ;)

Residents of the island! Don't bother hiding your valuables - we'll get them anyway! …no, wait, scratch that - it'll be more fun if they're hidden.

Gah! I hope the thieving system in Risen will be ok!

Huge fan of GI, II & Expansion! G3 kinda blew it for me, even now with all the patches - i still find it kinda mediocre.
I really hope that Risen will have that unique style/atmosphere that g1 and 2 had - something that only they can offer.

Gah! I hope the thieving system in Risen will be ok!

Yeah, really hope that they expand the stealth/thieving system a little bit :)

Back
Top Bottom