Blackguards - Video Guides Completed

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Daedelic Entertainment has completed their set of four video guids for Blackguards by adding the last video about decisions and questing.

More information.

Fonts are horribly small, character generation info is unreadable: bad UI design.

Inane dialogue during first cut-scene. Blackguard-team has no talents for creating an enchanting story that grabs the viewer in the first couple of seconds. I quickly shut the game down and never looked back.

Too bad. You missed out on some very good tactical gameplay.

Gotta love people who blast a game because they didn't like the initial cut-scene. :)

Yeah, the tactical gameplay can be good. But the game does have some issues, the storytelling (partly using cutscenes) being one of them. Not to mention such jokes as the stealth missions.

Its not bad, but I have to admit I did not finish it, although spending quite some time with it.

Say whatever, I loved the game, seen smaller fonts in worldwide GOTY awarded games, had so much fun with this game and am definetly buying the sequel when it gets out.

Say whatever, I loved the game, seen smaller fonts in worldwide GOTY awarded games, had so much fun with this game and am definetly buying the sequel when it gets out.

I must say that I usually agree with joxer - and this time as well. The game is not perfect, it's not AAA, it was done on a small budget, voice acting is poor (too many people with silly accents or broken English), but it has it's charm - it's difficult/frustrating, but once you get a hang of the Drakensang (Darkeye) system - something like D&D, but with a few nice changes and additions - various damage types, interesting statistics for attack/parry and causing damage. I must say that what keeps me stuck with this game is the level design - some fights are very well designed and it keeps you thinking how to defeat the enemies after several lost battles. I bought the DLC and I hope this game will have a nice sequel as well!

Well said. I enjoyed the thinking this game required. So different from Diablo 3 even on Expert difficulty. Lucky loot vs lucky combat rolls...

I'll get back to it but it starts slow. The combat is kind of annoying when you're mostly missing and failing spells. I'd hope that it picks up further in.

it's difficult/frustrating, but once you get a hang of the Drakensang (Darkeye) system - something like D&D, but with a few nice changes and additions - various damage types, interesting statistics for attack/parry and causing damage.
Actually it's nothing like D&D. ;)
(If you refer to D&D4, I may be wrong.)

Ended up buying it for $39 on Steam. Not worth that money in my opinion, although I have enjoyed parts of it. It is a sequence of TB combat encounters strung together with very little RPG glue, and many of the combats require you to solve environmental 'puzzles' (did I mention I &$%#@!! hate puzzle games?) And now I am grinding through a painful set of gladitorial fights…something I have always loathed (arena combats). Multiple fights, with no chance to heal or buy more astral energy potions in between, crreatures that very eaisly wound you…can't find vendors who sell larger belts etc etc. I think I may be on the second last fight (crocs) - and I think I know what I have to do, but …I have lost any enthusiasm I had for this title. Fights just seme so …contrived…and youy pretty much have to build your characters in a certain way e.g. perception, poison counter etc etc.. to have any chance of success.

I have no real problem with the TDE rule system - loved it in Drakensang, which was why I got this game.

Back
Top Bottom