Skyrim Which keep would your character live?

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Igor

Watchdog
I find Fellglow keep to be the most suitable so far for living, not that I don't like houses, they just feel small and rather unsafe. The only drawback is that the keep is exposed to all coasts, wich is bad in case of an surprised attacks.

I just remembered the feeling from nwn 2 about owning your keep and posted here, besides all can post their favourite, so the rest can go and check others and compare to themselves.

I'd say none.

Why?
1. I want to enter my keep/house fast after I get to the area via the map.
2. When I enter the keep/house I want at least 7 chests/wardrobes/cupboards/anycontainers in an area NEAR the door so I can quickly store in a separate chest weapons, apparel, pots, scrolls, ingredients, gems, other stuff.
3. Also I want NEAR the door an alchemy lab and enchanting table.
4. I don't want to search my spouse all over the place, so the place mustn't be some huge space.

How many keeps/houses did you see in the game that meet this criteria? There is none. The only house that "smells like it" but for whatever reason lacks of enchanting table is the house in Whiterun. And that's where my "base of operations" is.

I like the Nocturnal lair, having a non-demanding roommate there is just a bonus. I'm actually considering letting her survive, because having someone that in tune with the person they worship might be a good thing in the end.

-Carn

I also use Whiterun's house as a base. I wish it had a bit more storage space, enchanting table and an armor display (or two) but it has a forge located near by.

I also use Whiterun's house as a base. I wish it had a bit more storage space, enchanting table and an armor display (or two) but it has a forge located near by.

Man I've totally forget to add that forge, thanks!

I am pretty attached to Breezehome, my house in Whiterun. It looks great, easy to get to, small and cozy, and I feel most comfortable here as it is where I am spending most of my time for some reason.

Question: Some Jarl told me I could buy a house in his village, but I forgot where it was. Where can I find the information? Where can I buy houses?

As far as I know:
- Whiterun
- Solitude
- Windhelm

All depending on doing quests for the Jarl.

Question: Some Jarl told me I could buy a house in his village, but I forgot where it was. Where can I find the information? Where can I buy houses?

If it was the Jarl in whiterun then talk to his minister/clerk or whatever they call him. The semi-bald guy who tends to look-down on the barbaric nords. he will sell the house (Breezehome) and also sells the furniture kits for it.

Last edited:
There is now a mod at Skyrim Nexus (in Abodes-Player Homes) which adds enchanting table to Breezehome.

w00t!

Thanks, zahratustra! That's the only thing Breezehome was definitely missing. I'd just quick travel up to Dragons Reach, but this saves a few minutes every time.

Back
Top Bottom