Deep Shadows - Fan Forums Opened

It's funny - when I was grabbing my Oblivion DVD out of my game storage box I came across the Boiling Point DVD and thought ... hmmm, something else to replay this year - was wondering what was up in those forums ... found they were gone and now *this* appears.

Definitely interested in the games!

While I don't know this new site, the orginal and best site for all things Xenus is a forum member's site, well I am not sure if Shadowmosses knew about RPGWatch team leaving RPGDot, so he my not have posted here yet, anyway his site is located.
http://www.xenus-hq.net/index.php?l=en&x_action=en/news.php

Shadowmosses and others are the ones whom have made most of the mods, like the one I can't live with out, No Friggin Car Horns. ;)
There are better scopes, maps, vehicles and more obviously isn't not Half-Life number of mods for but for a small independent Deus Ex style game it's got many helpful items.
So with the 2.0 patch and No Horns from Hell it's acutally nice title, mostly bug free now. :)

I really have high hopes for White Gold. :)

While I don't know this new site, the orginal and best site for all things Xenus is a forum member's site, well I am not sure if Shadowmosses knew about RPGWatch team leaving RPGDot, so he my not have posted here yet, anyway his site is located.
http://www.xenus-hq.net/index.php?l=en&x_action=en/news.php

Thanks for that - I had that linked through 'boiling-point.net' which has expired. But *that* was the original site - although I notice ShadowMoses has already posted at this new forum.

Boo !

Yeah i couldn't be bothered carrying on with boiling-point.net now future games will not use that name so went back to good old xenus-hq. I always prefered xenus to boiling point anyway... and in fact the only reason we ever bothered with boiling-point.net was because Atari asked us to. Looking back now i wouldn't be surprised if they knew it was going to be incredibly buggy and thought it would be better to have the angry mob visit us rather than them! ;) Heck the only reason they even opened up a forum was because i posted the number of users/threads/posts/views we had which if i remember correctly was more than any of the dedicated forums they had.

Boo !

Yeah i couldn't be bothered carrying on with boiling-point.net now future games will not use that name so went back to good old xenus-hq. I always prefered xenus to boiling point anyway... and in fact the only reason we ever bothered with boiling-point.net was because Atari asked us to. Looking back now i wouldn't be surprised if they knew it was going to be incredibly buggy and thought it would be better to have the angry mob visit us rather than them! ;) Heck the only reason they even opened up a forum was because i posted the number of users/threads/posts/views we had which if i remember correctly was more than any of the dedicated forums they had.

It certainly was a great place - loads of nice and helpful people (and some miscreants and trolls, but then it wouldn't be the internet without them ;) )

Are you affiliated with this new place - or just visiting? It seems like two sites for these games is counter-productive.

Are you affiliated with this new place - or just visiting? It seems like two sites for these games is counter-productive.

No, not affiliated. It's basically the russian fan site (but obviously they have an english forum as well as russian). I just popped by, i "know" the guy that runs it.

Well maybe having more sites will help get more exposure to their games, which would be nice.
Iirc, Atari isn't involved with White Gold, which I am very happy about, though I am not sure if their bad treatment of BP was due to their poor finacial state or they just didn't get the concept of the game's potiental.

My most anticipated game of 2007...I'll be checking those boards for any new info.

Nope... but then apparently nor is anyone else outside Russia. Precursors is meant to be released before white gold this year but i would have thought they'd have a publisher by now?
I wonder if publishers are being cautious after Boiling Point?

I wonder if publishers are being cautious after Boiling Point?

I dunno, i wouldn't like to guess what goes through their minds ! ;)

The Precursors vid that was released looked pretty good, i'm quite surprised they haven't got a publisher out of it. Maybe they're waiting untill they are happy with the game before signing a deal that could mean a repeat of BP... but then they need money from somewhere i'm sure... who knows, we'll seen eventually.

Back
Top Bottom