What games are you playing now?

Still playing Sacred II - boring at times due to the nature of the a-rpg whak-whak-youre-dead whak-whak-youre-dead whak-whak-youre-dead type gameplay, yet also oddly compelling. Ive never in my life seen a game w/ this many sidequests, it's unreal, but every town I come to I end up having to explore the whole thing and saving the day left and right. Not doing them all, but doing a lot. It's not a very difficult game, then again, Im playing a ranged character so most things are dead before they even reach me. Those that do make contact are starting to do some respectable damage, but I'll just put it this way - I just sold off tons of healing potions, Ive used literally one this entire game. Regeneration takes care of my damage, the one time I was REALLY in trouble i just used my "god power" which was a full insta-heal and buff.

I'm kicking this game's ass so far, and I'm not a complex character-builder, I'm going for all flash and fun on this toon.

It's a massive world, and for all this time (10-12 hrs or so) I think Ive just gotten the middle core explored, it's like a quarter (if that) of the world.

I had bought Mass Effect for cheap, and I had to add an even cheaper Jade Empire to get free shipping, although this one never really interested me. For some reason, I ended up playing the latter first.

After some initial difficulties with getting used to the combat system (I'm not sure how often I had to reload that beach scene in the beginning :lol:), I found it to be quite enjoyable. It feels a bit more familiar than I expected, and I'm not sure whether it grabs me completely, but it's still surprisingly nice (I'm in chapter 3 at the moment). Some of the locations look gorgeous, despite the engine. I hope it at least stays on that level.

I don't play games very often, and I often don't finish them if I lose interest. Let's see how this one will fare ;). I heard it's short enough :D.

Decided to go mmorpg and bought warhammer online :)
Been troubling myself to get it to work half night and finally got to a point where I can patch it, so fingers crossed that it'll work after that :)

Broke down and got Dawn of War II.

It's pretty cool, they mixed a little more squad-based tactical and rpg into the rts formula while nuking infrastructure management, makes it interesting. Having some fun w/ it, cant wait to see the zer.. i mean Tyranids ='.'=

Also got Warlords BattleCry III, which is completely the other direction in a way, ye olde time RTS w/ rpg elements. Pretty cool, played a couple missions, good looking 2d hero-centric RTS game w/ TONS of factions. Barely scratched the surface but I like what I see so far. Worth the ten bucks

Still full-up with Drakensang for the most part, along with Puzzle Quest: Galactrix on PC & DS and some random new DS & PSP releases.

*cough**cough* MoW *cough* *Cough* ... ;)

I'm torn on what to play next. I recently finished VtM: Bloodlines, and I have the desire for more of something similar. I was planning on playing Deus Ex next, but then I installed VtM: Redemption, and started playing that a bit.

It's not as bad I thought it was going to be, certainly not bad at all for a 9 year old game that never got great reviews to begin with. The camera is very annoying, but the combat is fun so far, almost reminiscent of the infinty Engine games.

Also, one of my friends installed The Witcher EE on my rig, and so I played a little of that as well. I didn't really care for the demo of the original Witcher release, and I never bought the game. I must admit I'm starting to have thoughts about giving it another try.

Last edited:
I'm about fifteen minutes from polishing off Eschalon with my new improved Ranger build--the key to success was not spreading skill and attribute points around for that 'well-rounded' effect but concentrating most of them in two or three areas, and freeing up my bow in the dungeons with the use of the Graveyard Flame spell for light, along with all the other buffs that magic use brings. I don't want the game to be over but probably will wind it up this afternoon. Thanks to everybody who embarrassed me into finally playing it. :)

Next up, I was going to fire up a replay of Kult:Heretic Kingdoms, but Turjan's post above made me remember I recently picked up Jade Empire for cheap, so I may go with that.

I'm still romping through Drakensang. It's not perfect, but it's fun!!

Playing Drakensang which I hope to finish before CP 1.7 hits then its Gothic 3 time. If not Goth'd out will play I and II after that. I also have a new Oblivion game going, although it is hard for me to spend more than 30 minute sessions w/ TES4.

Just quit WoW (bored w/ Naxx) so I have all kinds of time. Played DoW II for about a week and got bored of it.

Well I've jumped full force into The Witcher EE now. I guess I'm about in the middle of the first chapter, and I'm liking it more with each passing hour.

My original opinion of the melee combat still stands though, I just think it could have been designed a lot better. It also really bothers me that you can open any kind of container, and take whatever you want, in plain view of other people, without consequence.

Looks like I am in for some spare time, so I got myself three new games for my PS3.

The first is Resident Evil 5, ofcourse. It's coming this friday and I have it on preorder. I will probably check it out this weekend.

The second is Siren: Blood Curse, a real horror game. In this game, monsters are really deadly and you often have to use stealth to get past them. The game plays a lot like a survival horror game, but there's no inventory management. You wont have to collect ammo and healing stuff since getting past most foes is a puzzle in itself. Most of the time you have to use stuff you find at the spot if you want to sack a foe and they refuse to stay dead. A very creepy game.

The third title is Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. A title that I should have had for my PS3 for a long time but just never got around to buy it until now. It's a very good game, a blend between many different genrés (Tomb Raider + Gears of War) and a good storyline reminding me about hollywood adventure movies like "The Jewel of the Nile" or "Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold".

Today I begun playing Resident Evil 5. I mean, I could go on rambling about the history of the game etc but I bet you are bored of it already, so yeah, I am playing it. Like everybody else, it seems. I camped outside the store this very morning, on the release day, for FIVE MINUTES! Yeah. Still I ended up third in the queue that quickly filled up long enough to be outside the store in my little town. Yeah. The first guy took an XBox 360 version, the second a PS3 version and then I took... well, another PS3 version. I have been playing it since twelve along with a few greasy burgers and a couple of good porters and ales. Yes, so that is what I have done today. I should have been studying natural science but I did that earlier this week just to get my ass off for this weekend. Also, my cohabit is at home this weekend so I am alone. Alone in the Dark... with Resident Evil 5. Yeah.

Playing God of War on the ps2. Lovely action game
reminds me a lot of the first time playing Devil may Cry

Sacred II

Still playing the hell out of it, my voodoo Dryad is now lvl#21. Every time Im just gonna play an hour or so then play some wh40k II or something, 4 hours later I'm still playing Sacred. Part of it is the sandbox nature of the game, I mean, go anywhere you want and do anything you want. If i want to just run around and grind for loot, that's cool, then spend time making things w/ all the runes n stuff I get. Run around doing quests, maybe follow the main quest, kill a boss, hit random dungeons, explore. It's just so uncharacteristically (for an action-rpg) wide open to freedom and exploration, I love it...

and it needs to be said - it totally blows away the original Sacred.

I like the fact that you can cash in stuff from the field for a reduced price, so there's not the constant back and forth to town for packrats like me. Still having some performance problems now and then, but thankfully it seems to be partly a regional issue. Some areas just run better than others. Still, overall the game could definitely run better, but hey sometimes that's the breaks.

Finally got my unique mount, it's a giant monitor lizard!

Attachments

• sacred_01.jpg
    sacred_01.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 47
Started replaying the first STALKER game. The best FPS game I've ever played. By far. And I've played many. The atmosphere and immersion are incredible. The environment, music, sounds, visuals, weapons, inventory.... everything is perfect now that I got rid of some final tech problems I was having. I haven't tried the second one yet, but from what I've hard, I'm a bit affraid it will ruin the STALKER feel for me....

Started replaying the first STALKER game.

Are you playing with any mods or unofficial patches? I'm considering starting up STALKER again after I finish The Witcher. I've played STALKER before but never finished it, too many bugs ruined the experience for me.

No. Just the latest official one. I don't do mods. I've had no problems with bugs.
Also, I'm playing it with a higher difficulty than before (The hardest or second hardest.. can't remember exactly) And the game is even more fun :D Just barely surviving and being in mortal danger pretty much all the time makes the game so much more interesting and immersive.

Ha I'm playing some funny games (in a manner of speaking) lately. After finishing the NWN2 OC finally, I needed some futuristic gaming to balance that. SO I tried some games I picked up off of ebay UK, Neuro Hunter and Paradise Cracked. I am playing both on and off while trying to finish Arx Fatalis finally as well.

I shoulod write up reviews fo both of these games, but heres some quick info snippets:

Neuro Hunter: Inspired by System Shock 1&2 and Deus Ex. It has stealth, stealing, lockpicking,crafting, and a virtualworld hacking . The game has several adjustable stats that can be increased: Constitutiuon, Intuition, Design, Programming, Stealing, and Weaponry. Intuition is the Characters ability to sense foes, the better the score the farther away he(The PC is a guy, preset can't change him) can sense them. Design is your crafting skill. Programming is used to steal cybernetic programs from NPCs, as well as how good your Virtual avatar is in the Virtual hacking game.
The gameplay is similar to SS and Deus Ex, you mainly sneak and fight your way through levels on a mining colony using hacking and lockpicking to access additional and/or secret areas and information/data. You can buy, find, or steal resources, and many of which you can craft yourself when accumulating enough components. There is also dialogue though usually ony two options, rarely three.
The game lacks in comparison to Deus Ex in that there to few hackable defenses or robots, and very little secret passages and alternate routes to an objective like in Deus Ex. They should have worked on making more of these alternate solution paths. The plot is influenced by System Shock, but unlike that game there are many NPCs to interact with, but nothing really extraordinary either. I would tend to call it a poor man's Deus Ex, not as good as the first, but overall better then Deus Ex 2.

Paradise Cracked: A Russian turn based cyberpunk CRPG. This is a game that takes place fully in turn based mode, even when walking around the map, it is basically in turn based combat mode non-stop (even though most of the game is in non-combat). This makes the game very slow to play as you move each party member one by one, and then have to wait a few seconds for the computer to take its turns moving the NPCs, every turn. It does go slow, and it is probably only playable for most while watching TV or reading while the PC takes its turns.
THe story is adequate cyberpunk noir, though the translation is poor, about on the level of Hard to be a God. The cyberpunk world, atmosphere, gadgets, and turn based combat is what makes the game worthwhile.

I would reccomend both of these games to fans of cyberpunk, or SS/Deus Ex if they have played all the mods and older cyperpunk games and need a fix. If you are not necessarily a cyberpunk fan, I'd still recommend trying Neuro Hunter if you can get it cheap, but Paradise Cracked only if your a turn based fanatic.

I played RE5 the entire Friday and Saturday but had to take the entire Sunday off to practice for a test tomorrow (and I spent the whole day today practicing too). I am in level 4-2 meaning I got 7 levels left of 16. I found it very difficult to stop playing and I am eager to continue tomorrow afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom